香港mm is not good in Chinese, you see. :)

来源: Lvtotravel 2007-01-22 16:35:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1359 bytes)
Ah Shan spent some years in Hong Kong yourself too, right?

It is a good series though it makes one feel very sad.

The biggest problem I have about today's China is, the extremes between the Super Rich and the Dirt Poor. Of course every society has this problem. However, at least, in western societies, there are some type of Safty Net for the misfortunates. What does the Chinese government provide to her people?!

I have a friend who is 100% Taiwanese, born in Taiwan and educated in Taiwan up to college. She now lives in US. She heads an organization that donates money for building schools in the extremely poor mountaineous region in the Southwestern part of China - where many people posted those Travel pictures, btw.

Each school costs about $20K US to build. They build 2 to 4 schools a year. She has been doing this for 3 years. She went to China twice a year for this - climbing mountains, going to villages, etc etc
She does not have to work for a living, but she returns to work (Software engineer) so she can donate her salary to build schools, so her hu*****and does not have to support this charity activity because now both their sons are in college.

And what have people here have done for their beloved China?

All I read about in many Forums on this site, are how people FB FB FB...

所有跟帖: 

大家背景不同,看法和做法也相应不同。 -阿姗- 给 阿姗 发送悄悄话 阿姗 的博客首页 (1460 bytes) () 01/22/2007 postreply 17:08:18

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”