Realblue: AA can get you to China, u just need to know how!

来源: Lvtotravel 2006-10-11 08:41:55 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3356 bytes)
you just need how to book - using Partner award or OneWorld award, fly JL or CX! Even AA itself now fly to Shanghai.

Not only AA now fly to Shanghai, JL (Japan Airline) will soon be bookable as OneWorld partner, CX is another alternative as well. You may need to know more how AA miles can get you - especially using the Partner awards or OneWorld awards (which use distance to calculate miles needed, not a fixed level). I know someone and his girlfriend just used his AA miles to go to Shanghai this summer in Biz. When he could not get seats to Europe, he then turned to Asia - both Japan and China have award seats, he picked China.

Mileage expires 3 years from the last activityso just make sure every now and then you have activity - any type, even donate 250miles to Red Cross is an activity to extend the expiration for 3 years from the date of your donation. :)

You are talking about the Anytime award - I am talking about the Saver award, hehehe. no way I spend 60K for a $600 ticket. My miles have to worth at least 3 cents per mile in return. :)

Flexibility may be a key, such as the guy who went to China instead of Europe that I mentioned above - we dont need to go to a particular place at a particular time. In fact, the Alaska/Vancouver tickets were the only time we wanted to go in a particular timeframe to a particular location - I wanted to do an Alaska cruise, was going to settle to do a Back-to-Back, 7day NB followed by 7day SB because seats to YVR are much easier to find then seats to ANC. Huh, wouldn't you know it, 60 days before our planned period of travel in Sept, seats to ANC opened up! and wide open too. So I immediately made reservations online for just a one-way itinerary MIA/ANC - secured the most difficult part first. Then I started checking segment by segment of our possibile itinerary using one-way award checking availability feature. All segments have award seats, but it wont show up if you put a full itinerary in due to some quirks in AA's yield management software I suppose.

Anyway, I then called AAdvantage desk to have the agent built the itinerary exactly as I wanted, from the initial one-way booking. BUT, dont purchase it yet, just make sure she put the reservation on hold. Then I turned around to talk to our cruise agent to find the cruise that fits. It all worked out, I "bought" the award tickets online, even saved the $15 each phone ticketing fee!

The other factors are to act quickly. The above ANC seats were gone in 2 days time - there were others out there looking for the same seats so one must act fast.

The beauty of AA awards is, you can hold reservation for 14 days, sometimes the agent can manually extend for you if you are still need some segments to work out. 90% of the time AAdvantage Agents are very willing to work with you if you know exactly what you want, and provide flight informations to ask them to search, particular if it involves partner flights. If you dont do any legwork yourself, then you spend lots of time on the phone and probably get no result.

Bottom line, you may want to learn more about many award types AA miles can do, and know the tricks of finding an award by doing homework yourself, before you call the agent, you will have a much higher successful rate in finding award seats you need.

所有跟帖: 

回复:Realblue: AA can get you to China, u just need to know how -zzyzx- 给 zzyzx 发送悄悄话 (1350 bytes) () 10/11/2006 postreply 13:28:06

Nope. I belong to those have miles but no status. -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (1409 bytes) () 10/11/2006 postreply 15:20:48

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”