美国外交政策网站发表一个沙特亲美精英的文章:为什么沙特人不要倒向中国?很奇怪的文章,没有考虑大多数在沙特的沙特人的想法。

来源: easycity 2022-12-17 20:21:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2412 bytes)

https://foreignpolicy.com/2022/12/16/saudi-arabia-china-xi-bin-salman-biden-oil-opec-geopolitics-security-middle-east/

Why Saudis Don‘t Want to Pivot to China

For Saudis like me, nothing could be more disheartening than a divorce from the United States.

By Mohammed Alyahya, a fellow at the Belfer Center’s Middle East Initiative.

Mohammed Alyahya is a fellow at the Belfer Center’s Middle East Initiative, a senior fellow at the Hudson Institute’s Center for Peace and Security in the Middle East, and a former editor in chief of Al Arabiya English. 

In addition to going to college and graduate school in the United States, I was lucky enough to spend part of my childhood in the Virginia suburbs outside Washington. There, I was introduced to American pastimes like playing baseball, eating turkey on Thanksgiving, and watching A Christmas Carol come December. (My siblings and I preferred the Muppets version, of course.) These days, I use the Charles Dickens story as a metaphor to describe the relationship between Saudi Arabia and the United States.

Imagine the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come showing us our region without U.S. technology, innovation, defense cooperation, and security relations. Imagine a region where the benefits and limits of personal freedom are not subjects to be debated by the people and their rulers—as Saudis are increasingly doing as our country reforms—but things dictated by a centralized one-party state that sees God as its enemy.

Conflating U.S. miscalculation with U.S. incapability is foolish. The world order created and long sustained by the United States can’t be destroyed by any global actor, including China. It can only be destroyed by the United States itself. For good and for ill, our two countries’ fates remain inescapably intertwined—the ultimate lesson of Dickens’s story. Hopefully, a hard look at the future the United States is creating might help dispel the ghosts that are haunting the Middle East.

所有跟帖: 

这篇文章的作者在美国度过一段童年,又在美国上大学和研究生,然后一直在美国的机构中工作,可以说是彻底的精神美国人。 -easycity- 给 easycity 发送悄悄话 (445 bytes) () 12/17/2022 postreply 20:26:03

这哥们不是在拿事实来赞美美国, 而是纯粹被一种沙特居然可能抛弃美国的现实而恐惧,继而为自己的这种恐惧而感动了。 -dakinglaile- 给 dakinglaile 发送悄悄话 dakinglaile 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/17/2022 postreply 21:09:59

欧美白人骨子里的傲慢, 尤其是对非洲黑人, -大洋bridge- 给 大洋bridge 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/17/2022 postreply 23:24:49

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”