Dr. Birx要退休了,说感恩节因家庭聚会被批事件让家庭受打击

来源: 辛迪16 2020-12-22 11:51:44 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4709 bytes)

Dr. Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, on Tuesday said she plans to retire in the near future, citing the backlash she’s faced since it was revealed she traveled out of state during Thanksgiving weekend.

Dr. Birx told Newsy in an interview that she plans to be “helpful in any role that people think I can be helpful in” during the incoming Biden administration but that she will eventually retire thereafter.

“I will have to say as a civil servant I will be helpful through a period of time, and then I will have to say that this experience has been a bit overwhelming,” she said. “It’s been very difficult on my family.

“I think what was done in the last week to my family, you know, they didn’t choose this for me, you know, they’ve tried to be supportive, but to drag my family into this — my daughter hasn’t left that house in 10 months, my parents have been isolated for 10 months, they’ve become deeply depressed as I’m sure many elderly have as they have not been able to see their sons, their granddaughters. My parents haven’t seen their surviving son in over a year,” she said.

Her comments come two days after The Associated Press reported she traveled on Nov. 27 to one of her vacation properties on Fenwick Island, Delaware, where she spent at least two days with three generations of her family.

。。。

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/dec/22/deborah-birx-to-retire-citing-thanksgiving-backlas/

所有跟帖: 

各家都有一本难念的经,她应该是不得不去聚会。 她还是希望能帮Biden的,但Biden会不会用她? -voiceofme- 给 voiceofme 发送悄悄话 voiceofme 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/22/2020 postreply 15:57:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”