wow, 这世界变化这么大? Resign in honor?

来源: 河东30河西30 2020-10-10 13:07:48 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2829 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 河东30河西30 ] 在 2020-10-10 13:09:06 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

A theory surfaced on Twitter when Jon Cooper, former chairman of the Democratic Coalition Against Trump, tweeted that the 74-year-old was being advised to 'resign in honor than leave in defeat'

President Donald Trump is under the weather after being infected with coronavirus on Friday, October 2, 2020. Reeling under pressure amid the US elections, a number of rumors have been circulating on social media. One such theory surfaced on Twitter when Jon Cooper, former chairman of the Democratic Coalition Against Trump, tweeted that the 74-year-old was being advised to "resign in honor than leave in defeat".

“GOP source w/ White House ties: 'Trump is being advised to resign in honor rather than leave in defeat. He fears prison. He wants to maintain campaign, but without Hicks, Conway & Miller, he's done. He’s really alone. He must be speaking with Pence about a pardon,'” Cooper wrote. Collecting over 5,000 retweets and 11,000 likes in no time, his tweet grabbed one too many eyeballs and sparked sentiments of both hope and fury on social media.

While many agreed with that chain of thought, they also said that his "ego" will never allow him to quit. "He now has an acceptable reason to resign without it looking like he's disgraced. He can cite his health as a reason. But I don't believe his ego would ever allow him to resign. He'll need to be removed from office at gunpoint. Or by the grim reaper," one said and another tweeted, "If he sees he's losing, he'll resign because of "COVID" and then when Biden wins in a landslide, claim it was because of his resignation, not because Biden is any good. I know this kind of malignant narcissism."

A third chimed in, "No. Because he will never admit that he's sick. He equates sickness with weakness." A fourth Twitter user opined, "I wouldn’t care if he resigned because of his health, and went to recover in Russia and avoid prison by never setting foot in North America again. Just for him to be gone would be enough for me!" One put it straightforwardly: "No chance. His ego won’t let him resign."

所有跟帖: 

Even MSM did not report. -Uusequery- 给 Uusequery 发送悄悄话 (207 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 13:23:39

真是神经错乱了吗? -mobileuser- 给 mobileuser 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 13:33:00

好消息,准备投拜登的,不必去了。 -odamae- 给 odamae 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 13:42:59

He is going to drive this train wreck to the wall. -朱珠儿- 给 朱珠儿 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/10/2020 postreply 16:37:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”