乌干达工人抗议中企经理"性骚扰"及拖欠工资 中国国企中铁七局的当地非洲雇员举行罢工

来源: 互联网 2017-01-05 07:53:15 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5614 bytes)

Screenshot Daily Monitor Arbeiter in Uganda streiken gegen schlechte Arbeitsbedingungen in chinesischen Firmen

在乌干达承建道路工程的中铁七局遭遇劳资纠纷。该公司数百名当地工人举行罢工,抗议员工受到管理人员性骚扰以及被拖欠工资。

据美联社和乌干达媒体《每日观察》(Daily Monitor)报导,本周二(1月3日)在乌干达首都坎帕拉(Kampala),中国国企中铁七局的数百名当地工人举行罢工,抗议员工受到性骚扰以及工资被拖欠。

报导称,至少400名工人在中铁七局的办公地点外集会示威。一名名叫Agnes Namusisi的女工对美联社记者表示,她已经3个月没有拿到工资,因为她拒绝上司经理的性骚扰,而那些在胁迫下就范的工人则拿到了工资。

另有工人称,这是他们在4个月里第三次因被拖欠工资而罢工。工人们提出的其他指责还包括工作时间过长、工人迟到遭管理人员殴打等。

据美联社报导,坎帕拉市卡文佩区(Kawembe)的行政长官图瓦卡巴勒(Geoffrey Turwakabale)表示,中铁七局承建的筑路工程将停工3天,等待中铁七局管理方和市政府间协商的结果。他说:"我们决定,工人们暂时停止工作,直到本周四我们同公司的管理人员会面磋商。"

坎帕拉市长鲁克瓦格(Erias Lukwago)则表示,如果中铁七局对工人的诉求不予回应,市政府将考虑把该公司列入不良企业"黑名单"。

中国驻乌干达大使馆商务处的一名工作人员周三向德国之声记者证实了前一天发生的罢工活动。他表示,使馆和中铁七局方面正在对有关事件进行调查与了解,将尽快作出正式的回应。这位官员说,中铁七局方面目前认为,有关媒体报导的消息来源不可靠、指责不属实,"不能反映项目的真实情况"。

据中铁七局海外公司的官方网页介绍,该公司主要业务为海外工程,先後在非洲13个国家承担了建筑工程施工,涉及公路、桥梁、铁路、房屋建筑等领域。该公司目前在乌干达有3个在建的公路项目,长度在40到75公里之间,分别由世界银行、欧洲投资银行和非洲发展银行出资建设。

德国之声中文网  作者 叶宣

Ugandan workers strike alleging sexual harassment by Chinese builder

4 January 2017 | By GCR Staff 

At least 400 Ugandans working for a Chinese state-owned road builder in the African country went on strike this week to protest alleged sexual harassment by the company managers, mistreatment and poor pay.

“I have not been paid for the last three months because I refused sexual advances from my boss”– Agnes Namusisi

The workers demonstrated on 3 January outside the offices of China Railway Seventh Group in the country’s capital, Kampala.

The unrest comes a year after the World Bank suspended road project funding following outcry over construction workers from the company having sex with underage girls and causing pregnancies among pupils.

One of the workers in this week’s protest, Agnes Namusisi, said managers pay employees who agree to their sexual advances and withhold pay from those who refuse, AP news agency reported.

“I have not been paid for the last three months because I refused sexual advances from my boss,” Namusisi told AP.

Namusisi also alleged other mistreatment, including long hours and supervisors beating workers who are delayed getting to their jobs.

Work has been suspended for three days on the Chinese firm’s road project pending discussions between city authorities and company managers, said Geoffrey Rwakabale, town clerk of Kampala’s Kawembe division, AP reported.

“We have decided that workers temporarily stop working until Thursday as we engage the managers of the company,” Turwakabale said.

The mayor of Kampala, Erias Lukwago, said the city would consider blacklisting the company if it doesn’t address workers’ concerns, AP reported.

In December last year the World Bank canceled funding for a 225-km road construction project in western Uganda worth $265m after a review found evidence of misconduct including sexual harassment of female workers and road workers having sex with minors.

The project was awarded to state-owned China Railway Seventh Group in July 2013, and was overseen by the Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA). The UN blamed all parties for the misconduct.

Image: Street scene, Kampala, Uganda, 2012 (Adam Jones, Ph.D./Wikimedia Commons)

http://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/ugandan-workers-st7rike-alleg7ing-sex7ual/

所有跟帖: 

性骚扰是不可能的。不被骚扰就算不错了。 -相对强度- 给 相对强度 发送悄悄话 相对强度 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/05/2017 postreply 09:04:47

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”