三个大学生(两黑和一西裔)准备了一个22人黑名单,被普吉湾大学停学。他们以为还生活在奥巴马时可以打种族牌。。

来源: TXY 2017-01-05 07:52:13 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (5824 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ TXY ] 在 2017-01-05 10:25:52 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Three students of color are set to submit an appeal to the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma after university officials suspended them for creating a public list called “Bigots of Puget Sound.”

The list, discovered in Nov. 2016, had the names of 22 students and faculty and labeled them as racist, sexist, misogynists, or transphobic.

The university conducted an investigation and the three students accused of creating the list, Akilah Blakey, Andres Chavez, and Lydia Gebrehiwot, provided KING 5 with copies of decision letters they said they received from the university. The letters outlined that they were suspended for harassment, disrespectful behavior, and violating the Wheelock Student center policies and procedures. The letter indicated the students won’t be able to return to campus until 2019. 

Blakey said that means she and Gebrehiwot won’t be able to receive their diplomas. She said they were expected to graduate this year.

“It’s going to affect me in a lot of negative ways,” she said. “I’ve already started applying for jobs for positions that require a bachelor’s degree. It’s going to set me back for three years.”

Blakey, Chavez, and Gebrehiwot said the university has surveillance video that allegedly shows them with the bigot list flyer. The students aren’t admitting if they had anything to do with creating the list, but they do have opinions about the list.

“I think the list itself it’s absolutely a form of activism,” Blakey said. “If the institution isn’t doing what they’re supposed to be doing to protect all of its students, well, something is going to happen if there is no other avenues to express all of the hate that’s going on campus. What do they expect?”

A spokesperson for the university said in order to protect student privacy, it cannot provide specifics about this incident.

However, UPS President Isiaah Crawford released a statement on the incident which read in part,

“As a community, we place a high value on freedom of speech. That freedom requires balance and does not extend to speech that violates our harassment policy, our integrity principle, and other policies that affirm the values of our community. These policies are in place to respect the rights, promote the dignity, and protect the safety of everyone on our campus.”

所有跟帖: 

赞!蓝州大学做出如此决定略有些惊奇,给个大拇指。 -小筑临溪- 给 小筑临溪 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/05/2017 postreply 08:25:20

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”