Baby is like putting me back to boot camp everyday and night

来源: elfie 2016-04-14 08:37:57 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1948 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ elfie ] 在 2016-04-14 08:43:30 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Pulling me out of deep sleep to do my night shift guard duties by feeding and changing him.

While when I was in the Army boot camp we were waken up once night for fireguard duty, now my son

would drag me up three to five times a night even now when he is 16 months old! He is extremely robust from

eating in half asleep for so long I guess, and taller than most other infants of the same age.

Every morning I reluctantly get up at daybreak to attend him. This child wakes up along with sunrise like clock work. We get a couple weeks of break when Daylight saving time comes back, thankfully. Now it goes back to where it was, 630 am. 

The chaos in my home sometimes resembles my boot camp days in Missouri when we had to answer the calls from the drill Sargent at any time, asleep or eating, doing laundry or brooming in the morning. My son needs change diaper! He is hungry! He needs mommy to pick him up! He needs mommy to act as a playmate! He wants to get out the house, etc. etc... My daughter was an angel when she was a baby and tot compared to this little stinker. But I still love him head over heels, my little man, mommy's sweetheart. I love him even stronger because he is so attaching to me and so affectionate, more than my daughter was. 

Sometimes I forgot time flying by, dealing with my two not so lightweighted bundle of joys.  But I no longer feel the sweat and sun on my neck like when I was at the boot camp in Ft. Leonard Wood Missouri. Boot camp is as lovely a memory as it was fierce and hard(strange?), like having to carry a sweet burden climbing up a steep hill. You don't want to lay it down 'cause it's your baby riding on your back. My lifelong duty now. My moomy duty would last much longer than the former one.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”