My son is enrolled in the state's early intervention program

来源: elfie 2016-04-06 06:58:26 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1784 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ elfie ] 在 2016-04-07 18:17:33 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

It could help babies and toddlers in developmental delays from newborn to three years old in many aspects, cognitive, kinetic, life adaption, emotional, etc.. In many states it's absolutely free but in NC state it has on sliding payment schedule based on household income and family sizes.

I hope my son's speech delays would be resolved through the services and therapies they provide. The agency also does other services in order of improving adaptive behavios such as feeding, sleeping, toileting, self dressing where he is also not advancing as fast as it should be. They provide home services and cover up transportation costs as well.

I know many of the parents in this panel can also utilize services like this. Even though it's not totally free in our state it's of low insurance rate and fee is income based. Meaning if you're having a low income and/or a larger family it could be free of charge!

Early intervention is important for children with developmental delays. I believe if kids have any problem, small or big, it needs to be addressed as early as possible. A lot of early childhood developmental problems such as speech delays, hearing problems, gross and fine motor problems are not being heeded and taken care of until kids start school . It would be much more difficult and costly to wait that long to get it fixed. So taking actions early would be a much better move than wait and see.

Early intervention program is part of social services funded by state tax so we tax payers should definitely take some usage of it when needed.

所有跟帖: 

How old is your son? -pingsofunny- 给 pingsofunny 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/06/2016 postreply 07:53:00

16 months now -elfie- 给 elfie 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/07/2016 postreply 18:16:11

Agreed. It is surely a great state program for newborn to 3 year -米娃- 给 米娃 发送悄悄话 (305 bytes) () 04/06/2016 postreply 10:06:29

16 months had speech delay? Man!! You got to be kidding. -GStar- 给 GStar 发送悄悄话 (81 bytes) () 04/19/2016 postreply 18:28:27

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”