回复:Masters 8 and Pi, help!

来源: 863211 2012-11-19 16:39:52 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1542 bytes)
回答: Masters 8 and Pi, help!开裆裤2012-11-19 10:46:32

I am a US citizen, wife with J1 visa with 2-year home resident requirement. No waiver has been applied yet (we are concerned about a possible denial).

Questions:

1. Can I still apply I-130 for her even though she is required for 2-year home country resident?

-Yes, but she can not file I-485 until she gets the J-1 waiver. If she files I-485 now, USCIS will send her RFE for J-1 waive and if she can not provide it, her I-485 will be denied and thus, she may be required to leave US if she has no status.

2. Will she be in a legal pending status to stay in the US if she can't have her J1 visa extended?

-No. But her overstay will not affect her green card application.

3. Is that possible she will be issued a temporal GC without J1 waiver?

-Not at all, she must get the J-1 waiver or stay in China for two years so that she can get the green card. See above answer.

4. What else options can she have except J1 visa extention so that she can stay in the US legally?

-She needs to get the J-1 waiver as soon as possible. She can not change her J-1 status to any status within US without J-1 waiver. But her overstay (illegal stay) will not affect her green card application under your sponsor, so it is not big deal.

Many thanks!

所有跟帖: 

Thank you so much, 8 master! -开裆裤- 给 开裆裤 发送悄悄话 开裆裤 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/20/2012 postreply 05:36:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”