回复:a question about eligible work on F1 OPT

来源: 863211 2011-12-30 15:33:07 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1361 bytes)
回答: a question about eligible work on F1 OPTfujiapple2011-12-30 11:44:49

I have a quick question about what kind of unpaid work during my F1-OPT period would count as eligible employment.

My OPT started in July 2011. Since then I have been working as an unpaid research assistant (RA) in another university (NOT the same one as I graduated from). I wonder if this could be considered by USCIS as eligible employment, so that the time between July 2011 to present will not be counted as my "duration of unemployent". Does such RA work count as an on-campus or off-campus job ? Does USCIS specifically require the employment to be off-campus on F1-OPT status?

Thanks a lot.

P.S. I am concerned because some universities such as Duke states that "any student TA/RA jobs are campus job and are not eligible working experiences on F1 opt".

-THis kind of thing depends on the International Student Office of the school you graduated and I think you will be OK as long as your current supervior issues a letter to address that you are working as a research assistant/associate there because no one will come to check it on-site. If your degree is Master or Dr., use "Research Associate" as job title, and if Bachelor, use "Research Assistant".

Note: Research Assistant/associate is not equal to student TA/RA. 

所有跟帖: 

回复:回复:a question about eligible work on F1 OPT -fujiapple- 给 fujiapple 发送悄悄话 fujiapple 的博客首页 (20 bytes) () 12/30/2011 postreply 17:43:52

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”