pardon me for being late.....

来源: amastroller 2010-03-24 12:03:44 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1831 bytes)
kinda go crazy (busy) recently, d~ it! :))

again, impressed by your insightful and delightful words and beautiful photos......felt like i'd been visiting there with you:). phenomenon landscape and architecture, as well as those interesting art galleries.

couldn't help recalling a few scattered pieces of paragraph from the book i read before while was enjoying your post......the pueblo villages and that earth are absolutely unique and irreplaceable,worthy of spending a few days there!

a short quote from the book to share with you:
"The world offers us two different ways of interpreting the passage of time and of ordering the time we live by, ......The first way is by observing the annual movements of the heaveny bodies and how those movements creat the sequence of days and seasons and the four directions. From the predictable recurrence of summer and winter, night and day, life and death, from the cyclical nature of celestial time we learn to device a formal social order, an elaborate calendar, and a harmonious way of life that promises to endure forever.

The other way of interpreting time comes from our everyday experience of the world around us, from contact with the earth itself. Here is where we are confronted with uncertainty and contrast, unpredictable, irreversible change, while we are powerless to oppose. Whether the events that from and transform our environment are sudden and brief like a flood or the crashing down of a canyon wall, or whether they last for decades like a drought, their time scale teaches us nothing. Nevertheless, it is ppossible to remember them; in the course of generations we can understand this earthly system of time and eventually eliminate some of its terrifying and destructive unpredictability.-- J. B. Jackson"

所有跟帖: 

回帖不分早晚:)俺一律感谢:)) -冬梦- 给 冬梦 发送悄悄话 冬梦 的博客首页 (236 bytes) () 03/24/2010 postreply 20:35:11

中午草草回的帖,多谢梦姐见谅:)! 晚安! -amastroller- 给 amastroller 发送悄悄话 amastroller 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/24/2010 postreply 21:07:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”