也就是让平民和俘虏去踩地雷,“随机”烧杀若干并制造无人区,把农田作物毁掉而已

来源: gungho 2010-10-18 15:48:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (15398 bytes)

如果把农作物毁掉并且若干年种不出粮食来,会饿死人吗?

http://www.scv674.org/SH-13.htm

GENERAL SHERMAN'S ATROCITIES AND WAR CRIMES 

General Sherman also issued the following military order at Big Shanty, Georgia (presently Kennesaw) on June 23, 1864: "If torpedoes (mines) are found in the possession of an enemy to our rear, you may cause them to be put on the ground and tested by a wagon load of prisoners, or if need be a citizen implicated in their use. In like manner, if a torpedo is suspected on any part of the road, order the point to be tested by a carload of prisoners, or by citizens implicated, drawn by a long rope."

General Sherman also wrote to U.S. Brigadier General John Eugene Smith at Allatoona, Georgia, on July 14, 1864: "If you entertain a bare suspicion against any family, send it to the North. Any loafer or suspicious person seen at any time should be imprisoned and sent off. If guerrillas trouble the road or wires they should be shot without mercy."

General Sherman also wrote to U.S. Brigadier General Louis Douglass Watkins at Calhoun, Georgia, on Oct. 29, 1864: "Can you not send over to Fairmount and Adairsville, burn 10 or 12 houses of known secessionists, kill a few at random and let them know it will be repeated every time a train is fired upon from Resaca to Kingston."

Brigadier General Edward M. McCook, First Cavalry Division of Cavalry Corps, at Calhoun, Georgia, on October 30, 1864, reported to Sherman, "My men killed some of those fellows two or three days since, and I had their houses burned....I will carry out your instructions thoroughly and leave the country east of the road uninhabitable."

Sherman, on November 11, 1864, telegraphed Halleck, "Last night we burned all foundries, mills, and shops of every kind in Rome, and tomorrow I leave Kingston with the rear guard for Atlanta, which I propose to dispose of in a similar manner, and to start on the 16th on the projected grand raid.....Tomorrow our wires will be broken, and this is probably my last dispatch."

In Kingston, Georgia, Sherman wrote to U.S. Major General Philip H. Sheridan, "I am satisfied...that the problem of this war consists in the awful fact that the present class of men who rule the South must be killed outright rather than in the conquest of territory, so that hard, bull-dog fighting, and a great deal of it, yet remains to be done....Therefore, I shall expect you on any and all occasions to make bloody results."

Sherman, in Milledgeville, Georgia, issued Special Order no. 127, "In case of...destruction (of  bridges) by the enemy,...the commanding officer...on the spot will deal harshly with the inhabitants nearby....Should the enemy burn forage and corn on our route, houses, barns, and cotton-gins must also be burned to keep them company."

General Howard reported to Sherman, "We have found the country full of provisions and forage....Quite a number of private dwellings...have been destroyed by fire...; also, many instances of the most inexcusable and wanton acts, such as the breaking open of trunks, taking of silver pate, etc."
Sherman reported to Grant, "The whole United States...would rejoice to have this army turned loose on South Carolina to devastate that State, in the manner we have done in Georgia."

On December 22 in Savannah, Georgia, Sherman advised Grant, "We are in possession of Savannah and all its forts....I could go on and smash South Carolina all to pieces." On December 24 Sherman wrote Halleck, "The truth is the whole army is burning with an insatiable desire to wreak vengeance upon South Carolina."

When Sherman had reached Savannah he was ordered to board ship and sail to Virginia to join Grant outside Virginia. Sherman rebelled in rage. He pledged, "I'm going to march to Richmond...and when I go through South Carolina it will be one of the most horrible things in the history of the world. The devil himself couldn't restrain my men in that state."    

And, finally, Gen. Sherman writing to U.S. Major George H. Thomas on November 1, 1864: "I propose...to sally forth and make a hole in Georgia that will be hard to mend."

In his report of the march to the sea, Sherman declared that he had destroyed the railroads for more than 100 miles, and had consumed the corn and fodder in the region of country 30 miles on either side of a line from Atlanta to Savannah, as also the sweet potatoes, cattle, hogs, sheep and poultry, and carried away more than 10,000 horses and mules, as well as a countless number of slaves. "I estimate the damage done to the State of Georgia and its military resources at $100,000,000; at least $20,000,000 of which has inured to our advantage, and the remainder is simply waste and destruction." After admitting that "this may seem a hard species of warfare," he comforted himself with the reflection that "it brought the sad realities of war home to those who supported it." Thus condoning all the outrages committed by an unrestrained army, he further reported that his men were "a little loose in foraging, and did some things they ought not to have done." 

The ultimate attempt at total genocide by the U.S. troops under Sherman would have to be the multiple cases of troops sowing salt into the soil of an area in which they were about to leave. Thus, leaving the entire area unfit to grow any crops in the near future. Sherman's march through the South will be remembered by generations still yet to come.  

不过比起国军来,谢尔曼好象还不算太狠:

别动队在大别山(1933年—1935年)
    1933年年底,约2400名国民党“别动队”人员开到了大别山。
    该部别动队由蒋伏生指挥,其实施的政策如何形容呢?如果说别动队在江西搞了一个地狱,那也只是地狱的第一层,而大别山则是地狱的第十八层。

蒋交给别动队的具体政策如下:

“匪共为保存田地,始终不悟,应作如下处置:一,匪区壮丁一律处决;二,匪区房屋一律烧毁;三,匪粮食分给剿共义勇队,搬出匪区之外,难运者一律烧毁。需用快刀斩乱麻的方式,否则剿灭难期,徒劳布置。”

这次集体屠杀得到完全贯彻,并直接造成大别山地区一百万多青壮的死亡,使剩下的老幼妇孺无家可归,成为难民和饥民,并最终大批饿死。

这一命令是由蒋伏生草拟,由那个在南京以基督徒或儒教徒自居的蒋总裁所批准下达的,由于这一命令的执行者大多是那些以“正直”的军人自居、强调“廉洁和献身”、立志“复兴国家”的蓝衣社成员,所以被执行得非常彻底,鲜有遗漏与幸免者。

所有跟帖: 

真那样,那些人为何不阵前倒戈?或可以跑到国军那里“投奔自由” -gungho- 给 gungho 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2010 postreply 00:13:29

而且那样的话应该没人再对三野投降才对,要下一拨去消耗弹药的,谁会干? -gungho- 给 gungho 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2010 postreply 00:28:18

那时城里的国军在哪里?四野为何要爆破民房才攻得到国军? -gungho- 给 gungho 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/19/2010 postreply 00:20:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”