回复:Academic H1b 三月一日终止,I-94 还有一年,请问:

来源: 863211 2010-01-10 17:07:58 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1340 bytes)
(1)过了三月一号我还可以留在美国继续找工作吗?在网络上查了一下,有人说:if H1b expire, I-94 valid,那么将会是Out of Status;还有人说过了三月一日继续留在这里是illegal的。不知道到底是那种说法正确?
-After you lose your job, technically your H1 status is invallid and you are out of status. But you still are lawfully present and look for job until your H1 I-94 expires. The problem is that if you are out of status > 180 days, you can not file your I-485 in the future (your I-485 will be denied if you file it). So, you need to go out of U.S. to get a visa to come back if you find a job or want to change of your status.

(2)另外,如果我在三月一日之前找到工作然后做h1b transfer,会有一个GAP,这个GAP会影响我的h1b transfer吗?
-USCIS usually approve your H1 transfer if the gap is less than 3 months with the I-94. If the gap is > 3 months, USCIS usually approve your H1 transfer without I-94 and thus, you need to go outside US to get an H1 visa to come back to activate your h1 status.

(3)如果我是三月一日以后找到工作,比如说三月中旬或者是四月份,那时我的h1b是out of status,那样的话对我的h1b transfer的影响有多大?
-see above answer for Q2.
(4)在out of status的情况下(I-94 still valid)我最多能够在美国停留多长时间去找新的工作?
-see anwer for Q1.

先在这里万分感谢862311对我之前问题的回复!!!

所有跟帖: 

862311, really appreciate your help, thank you very much again! -TraderToBe- 给 TraderToBe 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/10/2010 postreply 19:17:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”