To Ouyanghui, about your driving agenda in Alaska

来源: AQQ 2009-07-12 09:55:28 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (992 bytes)
From Fairbanks to Arctic Circle is about 200 miles one way. My hu*****and and I just did a round trip in a day in May '09. It took about 9 hours for a round trip. My hu*****and is the only driver for the whole trip and he enjoyed it very much.

Yes, it is a little advanturous but the road conditions has been greatly improved since years ago. It used to be just the first 44 miles were paved, but now I can tell you half of your trip would be paved road and the unpaved road is not that scary either. However, after Yukon River bridge, the part with paved road is worse than unpaved because there are so many pot holes.

This is just my experience, it is doable. I know that people like us probably would only go to Alaska once in a life time, so we do not want to leave any regrets. However, do what you feel comfortable with. If you decided to go, please rent a 4-wheel SUV and pump gas whenever you see opportunity on the road.

Hope this helps. Safety always comes first.

所有跟帖: 

回复:To Ouyanghui, about your driving agenda in Alaska -Niniu- 给 Niniu 发送悄悄话 Niniu 的博客首页 (160 bytes) () 07/12/2009 postreply 18:48:31

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”