About Advance Parole for Canadian citizen

来源: shguy 2009-05-26 23:40:33 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1343 bytes)
I am a Canadian citizen working in US with 485 pending. My job requires me to travel outside US frequently. Recently I switched from Company A to B, and also have my H1-B ported to Company B.

In the past, I always carry AP with me. But the immigration never asked for my AP when I re-enter US. I am in the process of requesting renewal of my AP with Company B. Below is the email correspondence from the attorney hired by Company B.

``I am writing with respect to the renewal request of your Advance Parole. Currently you hold an H-1B work permit with Company B that is valid until September 30, 2012. As a Canadian citizen, you do not require a visa to travel. As such, you may travel using your underlying H-1B approval notice and your Canadian passport. At this point, an Advance Parole document is not necessary in order for you to maintain your pending I-485 application and for your ability to travel. Once your H-1B expires in 2012, you will need to apply for Advance Parole to travel.

Based on the above, please let me know if there is a particular reason why you require Advance Parole and would like to proceed."

My question:

(1) It seems that I don't need AP to enter US. Is that correct?
(2) What is the downside if I don't renew AP at this point?

Many Thanks in Advance

所有跟帖: 

回复:About Advance Parole for Canadian citizen -sdfsdfsdff- 给 sdfsdfsdff 发送悄悄话 (152 bytes) () 05/27/2009 postreply 01:51:11

Thank you <eom> -shguy- 给 shguy 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 05/27/2009 postreply 08:43:40

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”