yahoo news: Star apologises over Hong Kong sex photos scandal

来源: BeingWithU 2008-02-21 12:30:29 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (3800 bytes)
Star apologises over Hong Kong sex photos scandal

HONG KONG (AFP) - The actor at the centre of an Internet sex photos scandal involving a string of Hong Kong stars admitted Thursday that he took them and announced his retirement from the local entertainment scene.

(Advertisement)
The explicit photographs of Edison Chen with actresses and pop stars have been plastered across the Internet over the past few weeks, causing a storm in this celebrity-obsessed city.

Speaking publicly for the first time since the scandal broke, Canadian-born Chen, 27, said he had returned to Hong Kong to account for himself.

"I would like now to apologise to all the people for all the suffering that has been caused and the problems that have arisen from this," he said, reading a statement in English to a packed press conference.

"I would like to apologise to all the ladies and to all their families for any harm or hurt that they have been feeling. I am sorry," he said.

Media reports say the photos -- which purportedly show him in compromising positions with various celebrities, including Canto-pop star Gillian Chung, actress Cecilia Cheung and former actress Bobo Chan -- were copied from Chen's computer when he sent it in for repairs.

Chen admitted taking the photos but said they had been stolen from him.

"I admit that most of the photos being circulated on the Internet were taken by me but these photos were very private and have not been shown to people and were never intended to be shown to anyone," said the star of "Grudge II."

"These photos were stolen from me illegally and distributed without my consent. There's no doubt whoever obtained these photos had been uploading them on the Internet with malicious and deliberate intent," he said.

Chen said he was helping the police investigation.

"I have been assisting the police since the first day the photos were published and I will continue to assist them," he said, thanking the police "for their hard work on this case."

Hong Kong police have made several arrests linked to the case, but have faced criticism that they have been over-zealous because the scandal involved celebrities. A charge against one Hong Kong man detained over the photos was dropped last week.

In the wake of the scandal, Vancouver-born Chen said he had now decided to retire from the Hong Kong entertainment scene, whose stars are popular across Asia.

"During my time away I have made an important decision. I will wholeheartedly fulfil all commitments I have to date but after that I have decided to step away from the Hong Kong entertainment industry," he said.

"I have decided to do this to give myself an opportunity to heal myself and to search my soul. I will dedicate my time to charity and community work within the next few months.

"I will be away from Hong Kong entertainment indefinitely."

Chen, who had a supporting role in cop thriller "Infernal Affairs," which Martin Scorsese remade as "The Departed," said he had failed as a role model and apologised to the people of Hong Kong.

"I give my apologies sincerely to you all, unreservedly and with my heart. I know young people in Hong Kong look up to many figures in our society, and in this regard I have failed as a role model," he said.

Chen added that he had instructed his "lawyers to do everything possible within the law to protect all the innocent victims in this case."

"I hope you all will accept my apology and give me a chance."

The scandal has spread across the region, with police in Taiwan and China arresting around a dozen people this week for allegedly possessing and distributing the photographs.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”