I think she will be OK - if she is used to travelling alone

来源: wunderlust 2008-11-10 20:28:13 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1911 bytes)
It's all in the mind and what she is used to. I went to Oahu by myself as part of work (no one could go with me) and stayed for a few extra days to explore on my own. Oahu is not just 檀香山; outside of 檀香山, there is a lot to drive around and see (refer to Gu Jian's guide). The only inconvenience I had was swimming by myself (that was my first time swimming in ocean as a new swimmer). I was a little worried about getting in trouble in water with no one coming to my rescue. But I could not resist the temptation; so I always swam close to a lifeguard station.

She should join some tour activities such as taking surfing lessons, snorkeling tours, sailing, etc. That way, she won't be totally alone and may be adopted by someone in the groups. December is also whale watching season in Hawaii.

She might have a little trouble driving to Hana (Maui) on her own, as that is a very long day. And without someone driving, it is hard to look at the scenery and drive at the same time, especially if she is not used to difficult drives - it is harder than Hwy 1 in CA.

Big Island is also good for a loner like you said. If she thinks her lonely romatic times can really get to her, maybe try avoiding the romantic places, such as sunset watching on the beaches, etc. It doesn't bother me a bit - maybe I am not that romantic a person, HaHa!! :-)))

By the way, I have been a solo traveller since last Monday and this lonely trip won't end till this Friday, both for work and play. It's a bit long. So talking about a lonely unromantic traveller, I'm right in the middle of it!

Last night, I went to the world's largest hot spring pool in Glenwood Springs, CO. Romantic couples were all around me in the pool. So I ended up burying my head in 94 degree water and swimming most of the time while there. That was one of my best moments on this trip! :-))

所有跟帖: 

你是选择单身旅行啊。我也很想再能单身旅行一次呢。 -阿姗- 给 阿姗 发送悄悄话 阿姗 的博客首页 (295 bytes) () 11/10/2008 postreply 20:37:06

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”