There was never pure Hero, nor pure evil.

本文内容已被 [ Warsteiner ] 在 2007-10-08 20:17:50 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

As for facing Japanese invasion, Wang started with a much firmer and braver pose than Jiang and Mao, as a Hawk. In history, under those circumstances, history figures behaved with their own best judgment. Some of the actions were beneficial to the society in the end result, we portrait them as Heroes; some actions were harmful to the country, general public label them as evil or "Han-Jian", WHEN IT'S SAFE AND TRENDY to do so. Based on history book, both PRC version, Taiwan version, and Western version, Wang didn't do that for himself, and he knew what he would be facing. Right or wrong, he had the courage to do something he believed was good for China. That's far nobler than those 墙头草。

No, I don't consider him Hero. Heroes are in average citizens who do small noble things just out of good wills.

As for your comment about: 中国文明之所以还能存在并且发展到今天,是因为有无数眼界不如他开阔情怀不如他浪漫的一根筋的人存在。在国难当头的时刻如果不能挺身而出,不如隐居故里,独善其身吧。
I beg to disagree. Personally, I think Chinese culture survived was because it's more advanced and more influenced than others. So invaders adapted to Chinese culture, which prolonged this unique culture. It's never because how brave Chinese are. Historically, Chinese always have more chickenhawks in talk and writing than actual fighters. That's why China was taken by minority invaders over and over and over again. That's why Japan was convinced that they would succeed the same way, and they almost did. I would bet they would adapt and advocate Chinese culture greatly as well if they had succeed.

If there was no 太平洋战争, if there were no nuclear bombs, not sure what would happen to China by now. Maybe lots of people would spend countless money and effort to show their love to 天皇, similar to the way they are portraying how great 成吉思汗 and 康熙大帝 were.

所有跟帖: 

这个话题太大。很难苟同你对汪的评价,是非也不是完全没标准的。 -老看客- 给 老看客 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/08/2007 postreply 11:45:14

我坚信即使没有太平洋战争和原子弹,中国人也不会向日本俯首称臣。 -遛白菜- 给 遛白菜 发送悄悄话 遛白菜 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/08/2007 postreply 14:26:44

What makes you think so? What about 蒙古and满? -Warsteiner- 给 Warsteiner 发送悄悄话 Warsteiner 的博客首页 (472 bytes) () 10/08/2007 postreply 14:34:50

因为有老毛那些磕不过也得死磕的泥腿子和国军那些抗日壮士。 -遛白菜- 给 遛白菜 发送悄悄话 遛白菜 的博客首页 (500 bytes) () 10/08/2007 postreply 14:58:17

Warsteiner is a FLG or Minyun "guy". -LLC- 给 LLC 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/08/2007 postreply 20:30:04

I was labeled as chinese nationalist in english boards. -Warsteiner- 给 Warsteiner 发送悄悄话 Warsteiner 的博客首页 (136 bytes) () 10/09/2007 postreply 09:54:19

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!