We used AA 25K for both trips.

来源: Lvtotravel 2006-12-05 15:07:24 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1234 bytes)
回答: To Realblue, about your questions re: AlaskaLvtotravel2006-12-05 12:33:09
the first one we booked it in March for August travel. I did not know as much back in 2001 - was trying to fly to ANC then to YVR as stopover then go home. I know AS serves between ANC and YVR and AA miles can fly AS.

The agent was extremely patient and helpful. She spent almost 30 minutes with me to try to find out if this can be done. The conclusion is NOT - because AS has strict rules - one can only use AS flying Gateway Cities in lower 48. Since YVR is not considered Gateway city, she suggest me to fly to SEA instead - to fly to YVR, it needs 40K and I dont have enough miles back then.

So the itinerary in 2001 was FLL/DFW/ANC ANC/SEA we took a rental car and drove up to Vancouver - spent 3 weeks in BC - then drove back to SEA to catch our return leg.

If you plan to travel in Jul/Aug peak time, you need to get your ducks in order by Mar/Apr the latest. The B&B owner at Seward "walked" us and we found out we had no room for the night 4 days before departure. I had to scramble to change our itinerary after landing at ANC and scramble to find a lodging.

If you plan to travel in May/Jun or in Sept - you can try your luck 60 days before planned departure to see if AA opens up seats.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”