Without Open Water Certified, you cannot really do SCUBA

来源: Lvtotravel 2006-12-02 20:13:47 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2219 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Lvtotravel ] 在 2006-12-03 09:17:53 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
I actually learned my SCUBA in Houston - and yes, the Open Water Exit Dives (4 of them) were all done in a lake originally was a quary near Huntsville - very murky water and very cold - our exam was in February!

You should have finished your full course at Cozumel without problem - the water is so clear and if you wear wetsuit or "skin" - you should not feel cold at all.

The classroom materials are MUST - you have to understand the theory and procedures then to fully understand the extreme importance of safety procedures etc.

Sounds like you paniced when it came to take off the regulator and the mask - There is no need to panic as a healthy person has enough air in his lungs to sustain short period of no breathing - the reason why it is MUST to be able to handle no regulator and no mask as accidents can happen and would happen - your regulator could suddenly malfunction underwater and you need to switch to your "octopus" - or worse, you have to share a regulator with your diving buddy. Though these days buddy breathing is no longer being taught as most diving operations have octopus (the spare regulator). I was trained many years ago and we were required to perform "buddy breathing" - that is 2 persons share one regulator. Also your mask can accidentally fall off and you must learn to be able to retrieve it and put it back on.

All these maneuvers are very detailed explained in your book and manual - and the teacher also would explain and demonstrate it clearly for you.

Just stay calm and you will master it. The No.1 rule in diving safety is to stay calm - all the things you learned from the book, in the pool, aim at one thing, is to dive safely.

The 2 procedures are important parts of it.

You no doubt have learned about Emergency Ascent - that is when something happened, and you must come up to the surface - many times, you would abandon your weightbelt first, and may be your tank (it could get entangled with fishing net or something, thus you must do Emergency Ascent)...

I sincerely hope you will try again and once you get your Open Water Seacard, a new wonderful underwater world is waiting for you to explore.

所有跟帖: 

你这最后一句话听着象做广告哈. 难不难学呀. --realblue-- 给 -realblue- 发送悄悄话 -realblue- 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/02/2006 postreply 20:17:45

不难学 - it is more like overcoming psychological barriers -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (428 bytes) () 12/02/2006 postreply 20:54:50

We can scuba diving with instructer right now with scuba divier -pollyli- 给 pollyli 发送悄悄话 pollyli 的博客首页 (129 bytes) () 12/02/2006 postreply 20:40:40

Cozumel is good place to learn -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (703 bytes) () 12/02/2006 postreply 20:50:26

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”