Try the Safeway garage

来源: wunderlust 2006-08-22 22:25:25 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1918 bytes)
Parking: not sure which hotel you are staying but from the price of parking it sounds like the Marriott, Hilton, or Hyatt, all right next to each other and within walking of the Safeway grocery store. I never parked at the safeway myself so be sure to make sure they let you park overnight. Be sure to remove everything from your car to avoid break-in, a risk you take parking in public lots. Ghiradeli )spelling?) Square nearby also has public parking and most likely cheaper than hotel.

Night scene: GGB is not well lit at night and so is hard to see at night. If it's not too foggy (which it is this time of year), sunset on GGB, viewed from North of GGB in Golden Gate National Recreation Area is beautiful. For night city view, go on water or go higher. A good skyline view day or night is from Yerba Buena Island in middle of Bay Bridge (Go East on Bay Bridge and stay in left lane and take the YB Island exit on left side). Coit Tower on one end of Lombard St also provides a nice night view (or day view) from high up. And of course many hotels such as Grand Hyatt and Marriott on 4th Ave (not the one in Wharf) have nice city views from their top floor restaurants or bars.

Safety: San Francisco is generally a safe city. However, having lived in the City and still visiting once a month, I do not recommend walking around certain parts of the city at night. Tenderloin district (bordered by Union Square and Civic Center mentioned in previous post), Mission District (SOMA) and part of Van Ness are not safe neighborhoods to walk around at night. But Fisherman's Wharf area is safe to walk at night. Chinatown has pocket pickers and be really careful with your wallet or purse at any time.

Last but not least: It's geographically not very big but one day definitely does not do it justice - so much to do and so much to see.

You might search my previous posts on SF.

所有跟帖: 

Thanks a lot! That's a lot of details -jd78- 给 jd78 发送悄悄话 (214 bytes) () 08/23/2006 postreply 08:56:01

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”