DO NOT RUN in bear encournter unless you can run faster than 35

来源: wunderlust 2006-05-15 08:53:41 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1159 bytes)
I saw some advices given on this board - they are dangerously WRONG! Bears will chase you if you start running. Bears are actually mostly vegetarian and they are scared of you more than you are scare of them. If you make noise while hiking in bear country (bear bells), they walk away most of the time because they are scared (I know this is hard to believe). You probably run into bears more often than you know - as most of the time, they walk away before you see them when they hear you coming.

Not running saved me a few years ago when I had a very close bear encournter with a mother and cubs (within 6-7 feet face to face) when hiking.

Night time encounters with bears are the most dangerous as they are after you for a meal then.

Grizzilies and black bears should be treated differently! Most bears in lower 48 are black bears.

My favorite bear advice from Alaska, where it's fairly common bears and human go fishing side by side, "When a bear wants your fish, give it to them". Can't help chuckling everytime I saw that - wonder who in the world with their right mind will fight over fish with a 2000 lb grizzily!
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”