Don't rush it and here is why

来源: wunderlust 2006-05-04 00:05:54 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2176 bytes)
If after reading the following 4 reasons, you still insist on spending the night in Vancouver, at least do this:
-Do not use the I-5/hwy 99 border crossing and use the one east of it for shorter line.
-Stay as south and as close to the border as possible, perhaps in the Richmond area.
-Get out of Vancouver as early as possible

I personally do not think you should spend the nigth in Vanvouver and here are why:

1. You need to be at the airport at least one hour before flight. From border to Sea-Tac airport, without traffic and without jam at border, it takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on how fast you drive. That pretty much means leaving Canadian border 4 hours before your flight.

2. One wild card is Sea-Tac airport, especially in the summer months when big cruise ships come to town. I have seen security lines snaking through the ticketing lobby, went down the escalator into the garage and filling up the parking spaces. That one time, I missed my flight, which was not a big deal for me. But it will be a big deal for you since apparently you are on vacation.

3. Border crossing is another wildcard. You could zip through without a problem but there could be long lines. The border was even shut down completely a few times recently, when the Canadian customs walked away from their job or whatever incident happens and that affected both sides. Such incidents may be as rare as 1% or less, but when you get it, it means you will miss your flight 100%. Instead of taking the I-5 crossing, you might consider taking the truck route, the entrance east of the I-5 crossing (forgot the name). That one usually has shorter lines, if you can find it (it's a little tricky finding it).

4. If you haven't driven the roads in Vancouver, they can be confusing to a newbe as Vancouver does not have North - South bound freeway inside town. Once you are in town, hwy 99 is one traffic light after another. Many sections only have 2 lanes, the right lane useless as it's often used for parking and the left used for left turn. So if someone is waiting for a left turn in front of you, you'd be waiting forever.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”