温哥华和西雅图Answers

来源: wunderlust 2006-04-03 13:09:42 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1338 bytes)
1. Check BC Ferry (for Vancouver mainland to Island) and Cohoferry.com They all take cars and should be running in May. I wouldn't take the last ferry of the day on long weekends if I were you, especially if you have a car, as they can get filled up. Also expect long ferry lines on weekends and holidays in the summer.

2. Mt Rainier and Olympic are very different. Frankly, I think mountains in the Pacific Northwest are far better looking and far greener than those in Colorado. Do not miss the Olympic coast if you go. May is little too early but Rainier should not be missed. Olympic coast and Vancouver island coast have similarities but Olympic coast has more big rocks and perhaps more dramatic. Both may get rainy in May since they are in the rain shadow.

3. North Cascate National park is nice. Another nice area to visit (and should not be missed) is Mt Baker area. There is nothing like Mt Shuksan reflected in Picture Lake at sunset. However, Artist Point, where you can see both Baker and Shuksan may not be open yet in May.

4. Personally prefer to stay at B and Bs, not big chain hotels while travelling in BC. Many of them are right on water with very nice views. Not sure about air from NYC. I would think to get a good fare you have to travel outside the Memorial day window.

所有跟帖: 

This site gives a good idea of the mts -wunderlust- 给 wunderlust 发送悄悄话 (95 bytes) () 04/03/2006 postreply 23:13:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”