remember - most of them are individual owners

来源: Lvtotravel 2006-03-07 08:36:08 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1878 bytes)
回答: I used it many times for Orlandojd782006-03-06 15:09:57
It is not a booking site like expedia or travelocity.

It is a site where owners (sometimes small agencies who manage some properties) posted their offerings and the renters contact the owners to make a deal.

Read the disclaimers of the site - there is nothing guaranteed nor protected - it all depends on a mutual trust between renter and owner.

Also different markets have different practices largely governed by supply and demand.

For example, Orlando would be a whole lot easier and cheaper to strike a deal than Hawaii as Orlando also has tons of cheap "regular" lodging choices, while Hawaii you will be paying an arm and a leg anyway no matter what. Nobody is willing to lower a penny of his/her rate when I contacted over a dozen of owners in the locations I want. You can click on the calendar to see how much in demand is for a specific property - the booked period is in red, and most Maui condos are booked months ahead, many times by repeat vacationers.

All owners I asked, required depost ranging from $100 to $300, (largely non-refundable, and charged it upfront - I dont see how you can dispute the payment if paid by personal check). The balance usually is due 30 days to 45 days before arrival.
Most terms and conditions are clearly stated upfront on Hawaiian rentals. But you also want to make double sure by corresponding with the owners.

For our rental, it is a one bedroom at Kihei. Total out of pocket is $523 for 5 nights. $100 upfront nonrefundable deposit, balance due 30 days before arrival. Keys will be in lockbox when we arrive. Similar offerings in the same complex asked for $630 by another owner. The complex management company also have their own units (probably from other owners who let the management handling it instead of themselves) to offer, for around $600 to $700.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”