回复:回复:回复:May I transfer my H1B from university to indus

来源: mytwocents 2006-02-10 14:41:12 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1346 bytes)
I completely stand on the side of your university lawyer. However, many company lawyers say such a transfer is unaviable probably just for safety of their job. Your siutation is differnt, you already own a quota. The law says

`(7) Any alien who has already been counted, within the 6 years prior to the approval of a petition described in subsection (c), toward the numerical limitations of paragraph (1)(A) shall not again be counted toward those limitations unless the alien would be eligible for a full 6 years of authorized admission at the time the petition is filed. Where multiple petitions are approved for 1 alien, that alien shall be counted only once.'.

An AILA FAQ says

2. Is someone who obtained H-1B status three years ago, but has not been maintaining status for the past year, still subject to the quota?

If the individual was in the U.S. during all or part of that year, s/he is not subject to the quota, since AC21 section 103 amends INA section 214(g)(7) to make clear that anyone who already has been counted in the past six years would not be counted again unless eligible for another full six years. However, if the individual had spent that one year outside the U.S., under INS regulations s/he is eligible for another 6 years of H-1B status, and thus would be counted.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”