Why Costco membership is important ?

来源: lvtotravel 2005-12-13 20:55:12 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2921 bytes)
回答: next time you go, check www.vrbo.comLvtotravel2005-12-13 13:42:44
I can understand GPS is important if you are an avid hiker. But what is the big thing about Costco ? just for buying groceries cheap ? There are supermarkets like Foodland and other names I forgot, that are reasonable by Hawaii standard, if I remember it right.

The up mountain in Wailea is about 2 miles up from Grand Champion Golf Course - 2 minutes drive to the beaches. The studio unit is the lower floor of the owner's house. It has a kitchenette equipped with burners and there is a gas grill with side burner on the outside lanai. The lanai is as big as the indoor area and has a tiny pool. I just dont like the interior being too small. I mean, we cannot sit outside for a long time but inside it does not look too comfortable to sit. The owner has 2 condos in Grand Champion for rent but not available for the period we need.

We are not hikers but still would need to use the washer/dryer for the trip. Though after years of travel, we could manage with with washing as long as there is a tub/vanity. After washing, you roll your wet clothes in the big hotel towels and wring it hard - much of the water would transfer to the towel and you can hang up your clothes. In aircontioned room, they usually come out dry in the morning, or you just need to touch it up with a hairdryer. So the laundry facility is nice, but not a must to us.

Agree on the cooking facility though I probably would not really cook a full meal per se, but just to prepare simple stuff. Besides, eating out every meal not only is expensive but is not very healthy.

As for snorkeling, yes, it is a must. We are SCUBA divers but we do snorkelling too. Actually one of the best snorkeling places on Maui is the Kamaole Beach Parks - right in front the main drag of South Kihei. The rocky area between Beach I and Beach II is excellent snorkeling spot.

We dont plan on doing a lot of things on this trip - this will be our 3rd time in Hawaii, 5 days in Maui and 4 days in Oahu. I think we would go up to Haleakla for the sunset (not the sunrise - have absolutely no desire to get up this early and endure the freezing temperature). Drive the North Shore again (Highway 340). But this time will go on the mountain side instead of the sea cliff side when we did it last time. :-) Not sure if we would spend the time to do The Road to Hana again. Probably not, once is enough, it is too time consuming and waterfalls have no appeal to us. The scenary on Hwy 340 is much much more impressive in our opinion than that on The Road to Hana.

Oh, if you drove to Hana, did you drive the South side out, since you have a 4wd ? There is about 5 miles ? unpaved gravel road on the South side before you join the paved road again. You can see Molokini from the top of mountain on the South side. We did not go thru the loop last time as we did not want to violate our rental car contract.

所有跟帖: 

Wow, you seem to be an experienced (图) -lisasurf- 给 lisasurf 发送悄悄话 (1858 bytes) () 12/13/2005 postreply 22:28:09

need to be an OK swimmer for you to take up SCUBA -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (2130 bytes) () 12/14/2005 postreply 14:38:35

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”