Olympic National Park

来源: sleeplessi 2004-09-29 07:22:19 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1536 bytes)
四天, you have plenty of time to explore the area. Weatherwise, west of Port Angeles could be rainy. Weather permitting, I would spend some good time on the beach. Riato beach, 1st, 2nd, 3rd Beach (near La Push), and Ruby are all very beatiful - these are some of the most beautiful places in the country, if not the most beautiful. Cape Flattery, in Neah Bay indian reservation, is the most Northwestern point of the US mainland also very pretty. Hurricane Ridge has a hike that takes you to a point where you can see Canada's Vancouver Island on one side(Victoria and snow capped mountains in BC) and the Olympus snow capped mountains on the other side. You also see the islands in the San Juan's and the snow-capped Mt Baker. These are the type of scenery that you won't see anywhere else in the country!!! Where else would you see snow-capped mountains rising above the sea in the lower 48 states? On this Hurricane Ridge hike, you will also get to a place that will remind you of the opening scenery in "Sound of Music" - open meadows and snow-capped mountains. Ask the rangers at Hurricane ridge and they can tell you which hike that is.
Most of the scenery is on the west or Pacific Ocean side of Olympic National Park. On the east side (Puget Sound) off hwy 101, there is a unpaved road that takes you up to a high point that overlooks Puget Sound, Seattle downtown Skyline, and Mt Rainier. Again, I would only go if weather is nice. Ask the ranger in the area about this place as I don't remember the name.

所有跟帖: 

回复:Olympic National Park -西雅图北边- 给 西雅图北边 发送悄悄话 (58 bytes) () 09/29/2004 postreply 08:08:22

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”