回复:SFH is a solution

来源: Slothehz002 2012-11-22 11:23:50 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1822 bytes)
回答: 一惊一乍的房东生活cultuslake2012-11-21 21:51:44

Multi-Family building is at very high risk and high cost even though it appears to be good cash flow. It's a wrong perception to view multi-unit as cash flow property without taking the following as consideration:

1) The location is not diversified as mentioned in this posting.

2) Hight Management cost with frequent attention from the owner.

3) High maintenance cost due to over-crowded occupancies and high frequent use/abuse of facilities.

4) High turnover rate. Tenants come and go on frequent basis. It's very costly to change tenants and it eats up the profit easily.

5) High Licensing cost and taxes.It's also additional cost to be compiant with laws, city code and regulation.

I owned some multi-family units in the past. I can definitely feel what you feel. I finally decided to get rid them and adjusted my strategy. I want to share this lesson learnt for your consideration.

My suggestion to this problem is to put this property on the market for sale. Since you have all units occupied, it's good to convince potentials buyers of being interested. I understand that you will take some loss but it's worth it with the following strategy:

1) SFH is the best option for real property investment since it overcomes the most drawbacks mentioned above.

2) SFH is traditionally considered as low cash flow income property. No any more in the recent years of market condition. I made SFH with gross 15%+ cap rate while the traditional SFH gross cap rate was around 5%-7%.

3) Interest rate is so low. The money is "free". Get rid of the property with negative cash flow and buy SFH in diversified locations to balance the risk.

I just mentioned a few points here. I will offer more suggestions as needed.

Good luck!

所有跟帖: 

thanks for the comments -cultuslake- 给 cultuslake 发送悄悄话 cultuslake 的博客首页 (478 bytes) () 11/22/2012 postreply 11:40:45

回复:thanks for the comments -Slothehz002- 给 Slothehz002 发送悄悄话 Slothehz002 的博客首页 (625 bytes) () 11/22/2012 postreply 12:31:40

Where do I find the high cap rate SFHs? -cultuslake- 给 cultuslake 发送悄悄话 cultuslake 的博客首页 (464 bytes) () 11/22/2012 postreply 14:39:46

ding --企鹅-- 给 -企鹅- 发送悄悄话 -企鹅- 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/22/2012 postreply 11:59:47

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”