most people know very little about investment

来源: Jeepster 2012-05-07 13:40:31 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1245 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ Jeepster ] 在 2012-05-07 15:32:40 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 巴菲特逻辑上的致命漏洞(ZT)dragonbuckle2012-05-07 12:09:55

but they can put all their money in Birkshire Hathaway for 20-30 years, probably still beat S&P 500 at the end. Can they do the same thing in GLD without hedge, without losing any sleep?      

Holding gold does not create any economic value.  You can not eat gold, or drink it, or drive it. It is a pure speculation, not an investment. The day gold ETF went to skyhigh, you would probably want to go out to get a bunker, lots of gun powder/bullets, dry food and water. Realizing the paper gain on your gold ETF is probably the least thing you need worry about.    

I do own low cost gold mutual fund, but less than 5% of my portfolio.  

Another loophole in your logic is, even though the gas price rised 81%, does the ratio of your total gas bill over your total income also rise 81%? The total consumption of gas have been declining steadliy for the past 10 years. The gas price doesn't matter that much as in the past, like 30-40 years ago. Furthermore, with the development of oil fractionation technology, I had a hard time understanding oil price can sustain the current level.  Have you noticed how cheap the natural gas price is now?

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”