The way I look at 合作投资

来源: WQPY 2012-05-01 10:42:35 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2780 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ WQPY ] 在 2012-05-01 11:53:32 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

If you want a simple answer, difficult!

I think we'll agree that, it's very difficult to establish a marriage or civil partnership, and more difficult to maintain that relationship. IMHO it's a lot more difficult to keep up a business partnership, especially when there is more interest/risk at stake, meanwhile you don't sleep together and/or no kids.

Difficult, doesn't mean it can't be done. It's about trust, like in any relationship. It's about people, like in any business. It's also about expectation and reality.

Using a project I started a little bit more than a year ago:

Before I got into it. I checked whether that project is good, on paper. I thought about whether those people are competent, and more importantly trustworthy. I also brought my wife and family, to use their instinct... Once I made the decision to trust those people, then I made the decision to join, then we structured a deal, then I commit to it.

A lot people said it's very or more difficult to do business with fellow Chinese, which personally I agree even though I'd like to add it's very difficult to do business with anybody. In the end, it's about everybody's expectation should be realistic and lined up.

I was told it's very common to have 50/50 between 出钱的 and 出力的. Well, case by case it could vary between 40/60 or 60/40 also, but you got the point. IMO it's very reasonable for managing partner to have 20%, if not more, then the average partners. Talking about higher level, rather than just "managing", they deserve more.

For people only have money, no expertise, then you have to be passive. What kind of return you are expecting then, 10%, 20%, tell me what is the reasonable and realistic line. Are you willing to shoulder any risk/uncertainty?

My personal experience, some of my good Chinese friends, trustworthy, sharp, successful business person, but never were able to work together on anything. Their line is: just tell me how much money you invested, and how much share do you have? Well, we acquired/bought this project, finalized sub-division, put up a team (attorney, engineer, architect, accountant, realtor, printing, web, event, construction, sub-contractors...), financed this for years, secured NM new construction loan with personal guarantee including my business... No no, please just tell me how much of your own money out of pocket, and how much interest do you have, and I'll invest at most that amount...

If you are the best and could, then I'll take control. 当仁不让 to be the leader. If there is better person, then I'll be the follower, contribute my part of job. If not, then I'll get out of way: either not participate, or give trust to somebody and sleep on that.

所有跟帖: 

思路清晰,顶! -小心翼翼的小地主- 给 小心翼翼的小地主 发送悄悄话 小心翼翼的小地主 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2012 postreply 11:21:08

很好的分析。 -Nonsense123- 给 Nonsense123 发送悄悄话 Nonsense123 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 05/01/2012 postreply 11:34:27

老兄有才,顶。 -SunshineInCA- 给 SunshineInCA 发送悄悄话 (580 bytes) () 05/01/2012 postreply 11:35:53

谢谢捧场 -WQPY- 给 WQPY 发送悄悄话 WQPY 的博客首页 (57 bytes) () 05/01/2012 postreply 11:48:27

你是才子,贴少且精。“胡萝卜加大棒”是放之四海皆准的真理。 -SunshineInCA- 给 SunshineInCA 发送悄悄话 (44 bytes) () 05/01/2012 postreply 11:51:37

It's about trust! -WQPY- 给 WQPY 发送悄悄话 WQPY 的博客首页 (211 bytes) () 05/01/2012 postreply 11:44:13

真正懂生意的就这思路。合作是建立在信任上的。 -SunshineInCA- 给 SunshineInCA 发送悄悄话 (132 bytes) () 05/01/2012 postreply 11:49:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”