为什么不要买 private REITs?

来源: hhtt 2017-11-07 20:00:55 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1243 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ hhtt ] 在 2017-11-08 18:44:48 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

REIT stands for Real Estate Investment Trust.  REIT is a type of security that invests in real estate.  There are traded in 3 different markets and regulated differently by SEC (Security and Exchange Commission).

Public REITs: traded in major exchanges and regulated by SEC.  The daily prices are published in major financial publications and websites.

Public non-listed REITs: not traded in exchanges, but regulated by SEC.

Private REITs: not traded in major exchanges and not regulated by SEC, it is also called private placement REITs. 

Private REITs have no transparency and no liquidity.  You don't know the valuation.  They are hard to redeem as well.  What you have is what the broker tells you which most of time is not quite correct.  The brokers' goal is to sell you the product, not interested in whether this product is suitable for you or not.  They will take in huge fees for selling you that.

In the rising intereat rate environment, it is very challenging for real estate development companies to make a lot of money since the cost of money is going up.  I will never touch private REITs.

所有跟帖: 

请问老大怎么区分private 或public ? -Bigboy01- 给 Bigboy01 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2017 postreply 07:44:39

Vanguard REIT Index Fund, public -hz82000- 给 hz82000 发送悄悄话 hz82000 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2017 postreply 08:45:11

Please read my post again, I have added more information. -hhtt- 给 hhtt 发送悄悄话 hhtt 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/08/2017 postreply 18:45:51

加跟帖:

当前帖子已经过期归档,不能加跟帖!