有色眼睛 and friends who know South America, please come in

来源: Lvtotravel 2007-07-17 17:04:32 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1388 bytes)
I know we will never have the stamina like DZ, to visit Torres del Patagonia by hiking, or do the land trip in that area. So the compromise would be to do a cruise in that region.

Here is a dilenma, there is a 16day roundtrip Buenos Aires (EZE) that would go down to Ushuaia, via Folkland Island, make a small round at Ushuaia, then head for Antarctica for 3 days scenic cruising visiting islands in Antarctica. Another one is a 12days starting from EZE and ending at SJC (Santiago), or the opposite direction. This one sails Round The Horn, and the Chilean Fjords, but no Antarctica.

I look up some pictures of Chilean Fjords - feel they are quite like Alaska, but not as tall and dramatic as New Zealand's Milford Sound - though the Chilean Fjords are much longer stretch than Milford Sound. OTOH, one probably cannot come upclose as much as in NZ Fjordland NP.
The Chilean Fjords seem to be not tall, unlike those in Norway.

On the other hand, Round The Horn is a very tempting choice.

Both itineraries will visit Ushuaia.

有色眼睛 I know you have been in South America many times - can you give me your candid opinions?

The other questions are about EZE - is 10 days enough for EZE and some sidetrips from there? What sidetrips you would recommend?

Finally, does Iquazu Falls worth the trouble?

Thanks a lot.

所有跟帖: 

好久不见啦,哪儿去了? --realblue-- 给 -realblue- 发送悄悄话 -realblue- 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2007 postreply 19:19:42

NZ & OZ between Mar and May. -lvtotravel- 给 lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/17/2007 postreply 20:26:18

写汇报了吗?俺错过了? --realblue-- 给 -realblue- 发送悄悄话 -realblue- 的博客首页 (70 bytes) () 07/17/2007 postreply 20:37:48

Rent a Hertz next time. No One-way drop off fee. -Lvtotravel- 给 Lvtotravel 发送悄悄话 (369 bytes) () 07/17/2007 postreply 22:00:17

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”