【月亮河 - Moon River】

来源: 弓尒 2017-02-21 15:18:53 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (42883 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 弓尒 ] 在 2019-01-28 12:22:47 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 【月亮河曲】弓尒2017-02-21 14:39:39

Related image

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/music/717595.html

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after that same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me
(Moon river)
(Moon river, ooh)

==============

中文歌词

月亮河,宽不过一英里。

总有一天我会优雅地遇见你

织梦的人啊,那伤心的人。

无论你将去何方,我都会追随着你。

两个流浪的人想去看看这世界。

有如此广阔的世界让我们欣赏。

我们跟随同一道彩虹的末端。

在那弧线上彼此等候。

我那可爱的老朋友。

还有月亮河和我。

另一版本:

月亮河,你多宽广,
我将遨游在你河面上,
令我心醉,引我遐想。
无论你向何方,我随你前往,
同漂泊到天涯海角。
这茫茫世界多辽阔,
我们同在彩虹尽头,
静静等候我忠实的好朋友,
月亮河和我。

"Moon River" (Henry ManciniJohnny Mercer) – 2:46

Related image

Related image

Related image

The footnote says:

Henry Mancini and Audrey Hepburn practicing 'Moon River'

However, I feel that's a mistake, It's not Mancini, but Mercer

月亮河词曲作者都是多才多艺的,而且是老搭档

词作者 Mercer 莫瑟尔 集作词作曲歌手于一身

Related image

Related image

Image result for Johnny Mercer, henry mancini'

"Moon River" is a song composed by Henry Mancini with lyrics by Johnny Mercer. It received an Academy Award for Best Original Song for its performance by Audrey Hepburn in the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961).[1]It also won Mancini the 1962 Grammy Award for Record of the Year and won Mancini and Mercer the Grammy Award for Song of the Year.[2] The song has been covered by many other artists.

It became the theme song for Andy Williams, who first recorded it in 1962 (and performed it at the Academy Awards ceremony that year). He sang the first eight bars of the song at the beginning of each episode of his eponymous television show and named his production company and venue in Branson, Missouri after it. His autobiography is called "Moon River" and Me. Williams' version was never released as a single, but it charted as an LP track that he recorded for Columbia on a hit album of 1962. Cadence Records' presidentArchie Bleyer disliked Williams' version, as Bleyer believed it had little or no appeal to teenagers.[3] Forty years later in 2002, a 74-year-old Williams sang the song at the conclusion of the live telecast of the NBC 75th Anniversary Special to a standing ovation.[4]

The song's success was responsible for relaunching Mercer's career as a songwriter, which had stalled in the mid-1950s because rock and roll had replaced jazz standards as the popular music of the time. The song's popularity is such that it has been used as a test sample in a study on people's memories of popular songs.[5]

Comments about the lyrics have noted that they are particularly reminiscent of Mercer's youth in the Southern United Statesand his longing to expand his horizons.[6] Robert Wright wrote in The Atlantic Monthly, "This is a love sung to wanderlust. Or a romantic song in which the romantic partner is the idea of romance."[7] An inlet near Savannah, Georgia, Johnny Mercer's hometown, was named Moon River in honor of him and this song.[5]

Original

Mercer and Mancini wrote the song for Audrey Hepburn to fit her vocal range.

The lyrics, written by Mercer, are reminiscent of his childhood in Savannah, Georgia, including its waterways. As a child, he had picked huckleberries in summer, and connected them with a carefree childhood and Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn.[6][8]

Although an instrumental version is played over the film's opening titles, the lyrics are first heard in a scene where Paul "Fred" Varjak (George Peppard) discovers Holly Golightly (Hepburn) singing them, accompanied by her guitar, on the fire escape outside their apartments.

There was an eruption of behind-the-scenes consternation when a Paramount Pictures executive, Martin Rackin, suggested removing the song from the film after a tepid Los Angeles preview. Hepburn's reaction was described by Mancini and others in degrees varying from her saying, "Over my dead body!" to her using more colorful language to make the same point.[9]Hepburn's version was uncredited in the original movie soundtrack.

An album version was recorded by Mancini and his orchestra and chorus in 1960. It was released as a single in 1961 and became a number 11 hit in December of that year.[10] Due to unpublished charts in Billboard, Joel Whitburn's Top Adult (Contemporary) Songs variously reported the song as a #3 or #1 easy listening hit. Mancini's original version was also featured in the film Born on the Fourth of July (1989). In 1993, following Hepburn's death, her version was released on an album titled Music from the Films of Audrey Hepburn. In 2004, Hepburn's version finished at #4 on AFI's 100 Years...100 Songs survey of top tunes in American cinema.

File:Johnny Mercer.jpg

Self-portrait and signature of Johnny Mercer from bench at his grave

in Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgia.

Related image

Related image

Related image

--------------------------

RMS Titanic 泰坦尼克号轮船  沉没前

On April 19, 1912, just four days after the sinking of the RMS Titanic, Alfred Crawford testified before the United States Senate committee investigating the disaster.  Crawford had been a stateroom steward on the doomed ship.

The man was asked if he knew Mrs. Isidor Straus.  He did.

Isidor Straus and his wife, Ida, were returning home to New York on the Titanic.  Straus was a co-owner with his brothers of R. H. Macy & Co. as well as Abraham & Straus department store in Brooklyn.   The 67-year old was also a director of several banks and Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce.  He was highly regarded for his generosity.  The New York Times would call him “a supporter of almost every philanthropic and charitable institution in New York, regardless of creed.”

Chester testified that he was in a lifeboat and took Mrs. Straus’ hand to help her in.  “She started to get in, but then changed her mind and went back.”

Senator Smith asked “Started to get in?”

“Yes, she had one foot on the gunwale and then drew back,” said Chester.

Ida Straus looked back to her husband of 41 years standing on the deck and let go of Chester’s hand.  “We have been together a number of years,” she said to her husband.  “Where you will go I will go.”
She then instructed her maid to take her place on the lifeboat.

Later, as the aged couple sat quietly on deck chairs holding hands, the grand RMS Titanic slipped beneath the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean.

Water lilies float serenely in the reflecting pool during the dedication of the Straus Memorial in 1915 -- Library of Congress

An orchestra played for the many who assembled for the dedication on April 12, 1915 -- Library of Congress

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

所有跟帖: 

【月亮河 吉他小提琴单曲 单播】-- 配词 石上花开 -弓尒- 给 弓尒 发送悄悄话 弓尒 的博客首页 (2437 bytes) () 03/01/2017 postreply 22:24:41

【Isidor Straus : Titanic Victim - Encyclopedia Titanica】 -弓尒- 给 弓尒 发送悄悄话 弓尒 的博客首页 (2526 bytes) () 06/16/2018 postreply 13:38:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”