Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Six

来源: Gardenia_On_The_Bay 2012-10-28 18:00:25 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9876 bytes)

Day six was Wednesday, October 17. Daddy checked it again and made sure that Hanauma Bay would not be closed on Wednesdays, and off we went.

The number of visitors was tightly controlled. When we got there around 10:30am, the entrance was blocked with a sign saying the parking lot was full. We had to wait until there were cars coming out.

Everyone was made to watch a video before going down to the beach. It talked about the formation of the bay. It was once a crater and now full of coral reefs and other marine lives, tropical fishes and sea turtles etc.

What lovely matching swimming suits!

While Daddy went to rent a snorkeling set, the kids already became occupied.

Daddy took Sister out first for snorkeling. She loved it so much that they would go out again later.

Here were some of the fishes they saw.

While Daddy and Sister were snorkeling, our little boy and I were gardening on the beach.

A little bird came to visit our garden, too.

Then my hu*****and took me out for snorkeling. Not a good swimmer, I was quite timid, and at one point, I had to hold down to the buoy to allow my head out of the water, which invited a lifeguard over the speaker, " people holding onto the buoy, that's a sign of distress". Really need to improve my swimming skills! However, I did see some fishes, though not as many as my daughter saw.

Daddy taking the boy out for swimming.

Our little boy took a run on the beach all by himself.

Hanauma Bay as we walked back to the parking lot.

Everybody was rewarded with an ice cream bar at the end:-).

Despite of my not-so-stellar snorkeling performance, I would highly recommend this place.

We picked Roy's, a Hawaii fusion restaurant and the only one at Ko O'lina with a 4 star rating on Yelp, as the dinner venue. It's within walking distance. So we talked there, and it was quite pleasant.

We were not disappointed with the food, but they could certainly use more chefs. The wait time between courses was a bit too long.

Complimentary appetizer for the table. It had more seasoning than the regular salt.

My little cocktail.

My appetizer - Roy's sampler

My entree - Opah

My hu*****and's soup - clam chowder

The "new" California roll

My hu*****and's entree - a combo of salmon, shrimp and ribs.

Grown-ups' dessert - chocolate souffle.

Kids' dessert - ice cream sandwich.

Another day passed in paradise. Good night.

请在这阅读我的更多的博客文章

- Lost In Paradise - Oahu: Day Five

- Pasta P. - Almost A Family Tradition

- 我的新欢最爱再加山寨Fleur Pellerin

- 来也匆匆,去也匆匆 - 上海篇

所有跟帖: 

真的可以getting lost in paradise.. -成熟的桃子- 给 成熟的桃子 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 19:03:41

回复:真的可以getting lost in paradise.. -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (43 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 19:31:37

玩得真高兴,你们住在那个resort呢?比Hawain Hilton Village方便吗? -silymind- 给 silymind 发送悄悄话 silymind 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 19:47:21

回复:玩得真高兴,你们住在那个resort呢?比Hawain Hilton Village方便吗? -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (255 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 20:03:51

爽就一个字啊:) 喜欢看看图片,读读文字,很清凉惬意呢 -clock-tower- 给 clock-tower 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 20:36:14

谢谢。我女儿 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (199 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 21:03:38

你女儿好,我女儿就不太能写,旅行日记都很短,一心就想着玩 。 -clock-tower- 给 clock-tower 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 21:27:23

呵呵,她像我一样啰嗦。。 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/29/2012 postreply 05:09:14

旅行不就是玩嘛 -东土大糖- 给 东土大糖 发送悄悄话 东土大糖 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/29/2012 postreply 12:47:08

I love Hanauma Bay too, Snorkeling is so much fun! -ECityBlues- 给 ECityBlues 发送悄悄话 ECityBlues 的博客首页 (44 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 20:59:04

Yes. My daughter -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (53 bytes) () 10/28/2012 postreply 21:05:13

情侣泳装的那张非常的cute,fun,and affectionate:) -R2D2- 给 R2D2 发送悄悄话 R2D2 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 10/29/2012 postreply 06:38:55

是的,very eye catching. 当时 -Gardenia_On_The_Bay- 给 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 发送悄悄话 Gardenia_On_The_Bay 的博客首页 (19 bytes) () 10/29/2012 postreply 06:47:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”