回复:我刚从警察局出来

来源: nhoj 2005-01-31 21:23:34 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1533 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ nhoj ] 在 2005-02-04 13:33:33 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
I had similar experience before. My wife is a very emotional person. She gets out of control easily. Everytime we have a quarel, she would do some extreme things. During that incident, I tried to calm her down and I slapped her in the face.

I was arrested and charged with three violations. During the pre-trial, my public defender told me I had 2 choices, one is plead guilt to one of the least serious charge and the other is to go to jury trial and the result is not gurantted. I also asked immigration consequence. I judged my situation and decided to plead guilt. There were two reasons:
1. I slapped my wife during the incident. I admitted this to police and it cannot be changed even though I could explain this is trying to calm her down.
2. I was in a very bad mood and I wanted to end this incident as soon as possible. The longer it drags, the more hurt to me and my family.

I was asked to attend 6 month anger management class and the case was dismissed after that. This incident has permanent consequeuce on me and will be never changed. Life will still go on but you will always feel the pain.

Based on what you said, I would suggest you try to get the case dropped if possible. You need to hire a lawyer to do this, they usually charge $3000 to $6000. Also please check carefully of your charge and what is the possible max penalty. Any charge/conviction results more than one year imprisonment would result a immigration deportation. However this is very unlikely happening to you.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”