Socks is having 胰臟炎, check this:

来源: socks 2011-01-20 12:12:20 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1628 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ socks ] 在 2011-01-22 18:20:32 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Socks is having pancreatitis, and had similar symptoms.

If the cat is not drinking water either, the immediate danger is dehydration, which can also lead to loss of appetite. The quick solution for that is Sub-cutaneous (sub-q) fluids to maintain hydration.  In one case, Socks returned to normal eating just with 200ml sub-q.  Now we have learned to do sub-q at home, as the situation came back again and again. Usually we only need to do it once or twice (100-150ml) in each situation (after he vomited).

After that, a kind of steroid (prednisone?) was fed for several weeks.  Usually after one or two pills, the cat will start to eat.  Then the problem is how to control the strong appetite. That's what we are facing right now. Socks now is like a bottomless hole for food, however if we fed him too much he will puke.  The steroid cannot be stopped immediately once started even if the symptoms got relieved, it has to be reduced gratuately over several weeks.

Antibiotics was also used for a while, but I dont know if that really make sense, since this is not a bacteria infection, I just followed vet's instruction since he said the experience has showed some positive effects of antibiotics. We also gave him some anti-vomiting med because vomiting was also a big problem for socks and he could lost water very quickly from vomiting.

See treaments in this link:

http://www.felineoutreach.org/Education/Pancreas.html

sorry, cannot write Chinese at work.

所有跟帖: 

Thank you so much! I will forward the information to my friend.G -catlady- 给 catlady 发送悄悄话 catlady 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/20/2011 postreply 12:58:56

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”