Pablo and Boba

来源: DrZhu 2023-01-15 09:44:33 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4082 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ DrZhu ] 在 2023-01-15 09:47:27 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Living with Pablo, the crazy, jumpy, noisy, and reactive dog, has been challenging but manageable. But now, we also have Boba, and things have become even more complicated. Boba, a sweetheart, should have been a breeze to raise on his own, as he's well-trained and behaves nobly, as his breed's name, King Charles Cavalier, suggests. But, with Pablo around, Boba has become a headache in his own right.

Pablo barks at anyone, human or dog, moving in front of our house, 20 feet away, but is otherwise quiet. Boba, on the other hand, doesn't care about what happens outside of the house, and is usually quiet until he isn't. When he barks, it's so loud that it makes my ears hurt.

Boba and Pablo fight a lot, over something or nothing. Most often, it starts with Boba barking and chasing Pablo around. Pablo stops running and barks back, and they then growl, bark at, and lunge and jump on each other, back and forth. If I'm around, they'll sneakily look at me as if hoping I'll intervene and discipline the other. But I've learned my lesson and know better. I just retreat to my small home office and shut the door. Normally, a minute or two later, they'll become quiet.

My daughter calls Boba a "sore loser." He might as well be, as he's 10 pounds heavier than Pablo, but his breed is the nobleman of dogs, and he has no practical skills such as fight. All he wants is human affection and a quiet life spent lounging on the couch or other comfortable spots. He doesn't like to play much and doesn't want toys, except when Pablo is playing with them. But, try as he might, Boba can't keep up with Pablo, who is way too fast and clever. Often Pablo lays a toy in front of Boba, stares at it and waits for Boba to make a move to take it, but as soon as he does, the toy is already in Pablo's mouth. As a result, Boba barks in frustration, and the symphony of barking and yelling begins anew.

Boba's longing for human affection is obsessive, and he barks nonstop at my husband unless he stops what he's doing and picks him up like a baby. Pablo, on the other hand, is a true playboy who cares about nothing more than playing. He'll pick up a tennis ball or toy and sit staring at us, hoping we'll throw it for him to catch. But, after Boba came along, I'm too exhausted to do much more than slumber on the couch and watch TV during evening hours. Even then, Pablo will bark, whine, or try to get my attention in other ways before giving up.

Both dogs are incredibly jealous of each other. We can't show affection to one without the other getting territorial. My teenage daughter has a special bond with Pablo, who she considers her own dog. But, when she's carrying him, Boba chases after her, barking and demanding the same attention. Often, she has to put down Pablo and reluctantly pick up Boba, causing Pablo to jump at her in protest. Pablo is quite the jumper, with his slender and long legs allowing him to leap up to half a meter high. I used to train him to jump hoops using a piece of cloth as a lure.

Raising these two pups is like trying to raise two kids with completely different personalities. While there are moments of joy, it's a lot of hard work and effort that often leaves me feeling physically and mentally exhausted. But, the good news is that school starts next week and I'll finally get a break from these two furry troublemakers. Sure, they'll cause chaos at home, but at least it won't be my problem for a few days a week while I'm away.

更多我的博客文章>>>

所有跟帖: 

右边的像 Puss in Boots 2里的小狗主角。 -圆西瓜- 给 圆西瓜 发送悄悄话 圆西瓜 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/15/2023 postreply 17:59:39

两只神气的狗宝 -绿珊瑚- 给 绿珊瑚 发送悄悄话 绿珊瑚 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/15/2023 postreply 21:33:33

我只看照片 -咪呜- 给 咪呜 发送悄悄话 咪呜 的博客首页 (167 bytes) () 01/17/2023 postreply 09:15:36

萌宝:)可爱。 -艾唱- 给 艾唱 发送悄悄话 艾唱 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 01/26/2023 postreply 06:13:49

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标