感激 感谢 感恩!
个人资料
正文

A Editor's Work Diary: Author, Management and Challenges

(2023-12-24 07:14:21) 下一个

A Editor's Work Diary: Author, Management and Challenges

Recently, through a series of work projects, I have gained a deeper understanding of editing and managerial responsibilities. This blog chronicles my reflections over the past year.

Today, I called my mom to share the warmth of our weather and discussed the upcoming Christmas holiday. I delved into the editorial project I'm overseeing, which has provided me with insights into the dual roles of editing and managing, especially in communication with authors and the editorial committee.

In this project, I serve as author ana technical and managerial editor, akin to a managerial position. Maintaining contact with authors, handling revisions, and coordinating the editorial committee's review process form a complex communication task. At times, addressing numerous author inquiries requires dozens of emails to ensure the project progresses smoothly.

The editorial committee comprises members from around the world, all volunteering part-time. Managing these professors is indeed a challenge. The anxiety-inducing review periods, with some individuals delaying reviews extensively, add to the complexity.

Simultaneously, I participate in another editing project, this time as a committee member. This unpaid work means everyone is hesitant to invest too much time. This experience has exposed me to management dilemmas, particularly when the project progresses slowly and prompts reminders from leadership.

Throughout this process, I've come to a profound understanding of the importance of management. I've learned how to coordinate diverse team members and handle various challenges. As the project unfolds, I find myself becoming more experienced and adept at navigating complex situations.

However, I also realize that physical well-being may pose a challenge. While I've always prided myself on being a diligent worker, I now sense a noticeable decline in my capacity to endure. This has prompted me to value my body and health more. Despite numerous opportunities to tackle higher-level tasks, I'm beginning to consider how to better balance work and life before retirement.

In summary, this year's projects have been rewarding. The challenges of managerial and editing work have honed my abilities and deepened my understanding of the importance of teamwork and communication. Looking forward, I anticipate more learning and growth while maintaining a heightened focus on my physical well-being. Perhaps, this is the beauty of life – through continuous self-challenge and learning, we come to better understand and enjoy our lives.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.