Juzizhoutou

愛小孩,愛動物,也extremely被動物所愛。
正文

A Grievous Day and What Kind of Lessons We Could Learn

(2015-04-17 19:29:52) 下一个

Today is a grievous day. For I have been cried so much.

For who? The dog Rocky( owned by Ergouma at Pets Forum of WXC) and the American legendary champion  racehorse Seabisuit about 70 years ago.

Rocky who was a colorful and handsome and obedient loving dog. But he had suffered from the rear legs paralyzing and uncontrolled defecating that his parents had to put him sleep by the euthanasia.  I learnt this sad news hours ago. I sobbed for him.

Then I was continuously reading the  #1 New York Times Bestseller  book ((Seabiscuit)). I have read the first 4 chapters, and got to known the owner Charles Howard, the trainer Tom Smith, the jockey Red Pollard and a little about this born with disability little horse. That 's a thick book for hundreds pages. I just could not wait to see the ending of his life. That  's a very sad ending: He died of apparent heart attack at the relatively yothful age of fourteen in the moring of May 17, 1947. I cried for him, too! The horse usually could live 30 years!

Seabiscuit, who was abused when he was a bay. Until he found the talented legendary trainer Tom, and picked up by the Bole owner Charles Howard, then he was lucky to got the kind teenage Canadian jockey Red Pollard .  He made the wealthy and bighearted owner more rich and famous, and rose Tom and Red Pollard from obscure to be wellknown nationwide.

He could live longer, if he was not a racehorse. Plus,  his body was too small. His knees of his forelegs were crooked that his legs could not be straight.  Too much races since he was a colt . He had tripled the typical workload( had ran thirty-five times) when he was two years old. And the rasehorses usually retired about 4 years old. But he retired until 7.Because he was too great. His owner Charles Howard loved him too much, so just wanted him ran, ran! Many of history 's great horses had faltered under 128 pounds or more; Seabiscuit had set two track records under 133 pounds and four more under 130 while conceding massive amounts of weight to his opponents. He was literally worth his weight in gold, having earned a world record $437,730, nearly sixty times his price. He was double-aged to his opponents! An old guy, an old hero!  Which all took the toll of his health. His heart was overwhelmed! Another mean cause that was he became fat after he retired since the owner loved him too much and fed him too much( like most of pets owners,  they always thinking their pets supposed to eat a lot, gain weights, that way they would be look better?), and lack of exercise, he hit 1,250 pounds! He had gaind 200 pounds! He only weighed 1,050 pounds when he was a racehourse. The fat animals can not live too long. They are the same as the human! They could have heart diseases, at least! The skinny people live longer, so are the animals! Therefore, dear friends, please take care of yourselves, do not be fat. And also please take care of your pets, do not let them become fat! Ourselves and our pets do not need fat, but fit! But  to comparing another horses, Seabiscuit was little lucky: at least he was retired for years and just passed away peacefully at his stall. Unlike all other horses, Seabiscuit never slept by standing. He always lied down to be slept like us human beings. He just fallen asleep forever, never be able to woke up( like lots of people just passed away during sleep, due to the hearts failure caused by the uncontrolled blood pressure and heart disease)  .  A lots of champion racehoeses even just passed out and died after they passed the wires with out claiming their trophies! They were so loyal! They did their best to please their owners, trainers and jockeys, but cut their own lives short.

So are we. That 's why I always advise every one do not overrun by the time and the speed. Those fast and long distance runs which should be avoided. The marathon is not recommendable, especial for the old people and some one who has heart/blood pressure problems( but the problem that it 's they do not know about their heath conditions. Every one presumed that themselves are health that they are capable to be participated!).  The similar lesson was:  There was a 80-year-old plus Caucasian lady who was an avid  runner and was very healthy. But she misjoined the Boston marathon( few years ago with the terrorism attacking) at her old age.  The price that she paid was sad and big- she died right the day after the event. Otherwise she could live much longer, right? There are also lots of athletes /marathon runners died on the fields or on the tracks. Do you remember that there was a 24-year-old Chinese male student died on the court while he was playing basketball with the teammates at the University of OHIO last year?

Salute you, dear hero Seabiscuit! You would meet your beloved daddy C. H. 3 years later( he was a legend, too. He left his wealthy family behind with 0 dollar all the way to California from New York, since he was ashamed of his father 's ignormity. He was the first person who could convince the people to buying the cars( by the time that Buick that was the only brand in the US) instead of  riding the horses after the earthquake in San Francisco. He was a 100% role model of from pennyless to millionaire, but was generous and merciful. He was heartbroken over his beloved little boy Seabisuit 's passing and left his loved ones by the same cause in 1950).  That way you were not lonely in heaven. 

RIP, dear Rocky and Seabiscuit!

Oh, today is Friday.

All rights reserved. 若需引用,请注明出处。发现有变相剽窃的现象。

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.