宁静纯我心 感得事物人 写朴实清新. 闲书闲话养闲心,闲笔闲写记闲人;人生无虞懂珍惜,以沫相濡字字真。
个人资料
  • 博客访问:
文章分类
归档
正文

imposter syndrome冒名頂替綜合症

(2024-01-02 21:44:57) 下一个

Imposter syndrome is a common phenomenon where individuals doubt their abilities and fear being exposed as frauds despite evidence of their competence. If you're struggling with imposter syndrome, here are a few suggestions:

1. Acknowledge Your Achievements: Take time to reflect on your accomplishments and recognize your skills and strengths. Make a list of your achievements to remind yourself of your capabilities.

2. Talk About It: Share your feelings with trusted friends, family, or colleagues. Sometimes, discussing your thoughts and concerns with others can provide a different perspective and support.

3. Set Realistic Goals: Break down your goals into smaller, more achievable tasks. Celebrate your successes along the way, and remember that it's okay not to be perfect.

4. Seek Feedback: Ask for constructive feedback from colleagues or mentors. Positive feedback can help reinforce your confidence and provide evidence of your competence.

5. Challenge Negative Thoughts: When negative thoughts arise, challenge them by questioning their validity. Are they based on facts or assumptions? Try to reframe negative thoughts into more positive and realistic ones.

6. Remember Everyone Makes Mistakes: Understand that making mistakes is a part of the learning process. No one is perfect, and everyone faces challenges. Learn from your experiences and use them to grow.

7. Learn to Accept Compliments: When someone acknowledges your achievements or praises your work, accept the compliment graciously. Don't dismiss it or attribute your success solely to luck.

8. Educate Yourself: Learn more about imposter syndrome and recognize that it is a common experience. Understanding that others share similar feelings can help normalize your own struggles.

Jeanette Smithhttps://www.linkedin.com/in/jeanette-writer-dallas/?

Raise your hand if you deal with imposter syndrome ‍?

Right now, mine is telling me . . .
“You’re not an authority on this topic.”
“Your writing isn’t quality enough.”
“You don’t have enough experience.”
“No one even wants this book.”
“You’re wasting your time and money.”

It’s a tough voice to drown out, and it’s getting louder the closer I come to completing a beta-worthy draft.

But imposter syndrome isn’t real. I have NEVER heard those words come out of any person’s mouth in relation to my mermaiding book.

It’s all inside my head.

So, here’s what I say right back . . .
“I don’t need to know everything to know the information I’m giving is good.”
“My writing is clear and entertaining, and people will enjoy my style.”
“I included professional mers in the process to ensure a variety of experiences are represented.”
“People will absolutely want this book.”
“My time and money are well spent if I can help even one person fall in love with mermaiding.”

Mermaiding helped me reconnect with the water.
Mermaiding inspired anew my creative writing.
Mermaiding can be an avenue for people to find themselves and what makes them happy.

I’m just trying to help them have the best time possible at it.

如果您患有冒名頂替綜合症,請舉手‍?

現在,我的正在告訴我。 。 。
“你不是這個主題的權威。”
“你的寫作品質不夠。”
“你的經驗還不夠。”
“甚至沒有人想要這本書。”
“你在浪費時間和金錢。”

這是一個很難被淹沒的聲音,而且我越接近完成值得測試的草稿,它的聲音就越大。

但冒名頂替症候群並不真實。 我從未聽過任何人對我的美人魚書說過這樣的話。

這一切都在我的腦海裡。

所以,這就是我剛才說的話。 。 。
“我不需要知道一切就知道我提供的資訊是好的。”
“我的寫作清晰且有趣,人們會喜歡我的風格。”
“我在這個過程中邀請了專業人士,以確保代表不同的經歷。”
“人們絕對會想要這本書。”
“如果我能幫助一個人愛上美人魚,我的時間和金錢就值得了。”

美人魚幫助我重新與水建立連結。
美人魚重新激發了我的創作靈感。
美人魚可以成為人們尋找自我和快樂的途徑。

我只是想幫助他們度過最好的時光

Hey, writers! Are you looking to take the words you've written and turn them into the words you've always wanted to write? That's where editing comes in. Maybe you: Struggled with voice, tense, flow, word choice, or grammar as you wrote Finished writing a manuscript and are now ready to self-edit Already have been editing but feel stuck on the endless hamster wheel of revisions I'm here to help with my professional editing and self-editing instruction. When we work together, you will learn from the editing process, and not be frustrated by it. Readers will: Be dazzled by your dialogue Care about your characters Pace through your pages ...all as they race to read your amazing prose. Ultimately, your stories will be stronger, smoother, and ready for publishing or submitting. In my spare time, I’m a devoted cat mom. When I do manage to kick them off the desk, you can find me writing and submitting fiction of my own or keeping up with my other day job of content writing and blogging. Outside the house, I’m an avid scuba diver who dreams of running away to the island life sooner rather than later. You don’t just need editing. You need #Jeanettediting to add the oomph! DM me or email me (Jeanette@JeanettetheWriter.com) to get started with your editing journey today.
  • Top skills
    Copyediting • Coaching & Mentoring • Editing • Content Marketing • Communication

Experience

•  
        • My passion is making your words shine through copyediting. The innate teacher in me sprinkles in a side of instruction and feedback so you can learn from the changes and suggestions in your manuscript. I’ve been fortunate enough as an editor to work on a wide array of projects, from nonfiction workbooks to memoirs to fantasy novellas. I am a copyeditor through and through. This service includes checks for grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency, conciseness, light fact-checking, and more. In addition to long-form work, I have edited shorter blogs and marketing content to enhance and ensure consistency of brand voice and position clients as industry thought leaders.
        • As a professional content writer, I assist in the creation of marketing assets such as blogs, print articles, whitepapers, and case studies. The companies I’ve worked with span a comprehensive set of industries, from healthcare (NEMO Health, Orthofeet, Incredible Health) to scuba diving (Aqualung) to professional training (Dale Carnegie). My content writing (and occasional copywriting) adheres closely to necessary brand style and voice. Whether it’s one whitepaper or a whole blog series, I am always available for content writing needs.
        • Skills: Marketing · Web Content Writing · Creative Writing
  • Greenleaf Book Group logo
    Freelance Copyeditor
    Greenleaf Book Group · FreelanceJan 2022 - Present · 2 yrs 1 moRemote · Remote

• I work closely with Greenleaf's staff and authors to ensure timely and thorough copyediting of fiction and nonfiction manuscripts. My editing fully adheres to the Chicago Manual of Style and Greenleaf's internal style guide. I have had the pleasure of working on over 15 manuscripts now published and earning their authors rave reviews.
      • Skills: Project Management · Time Management · Interpersonal Skills · Copyediting · Microsoft Word
      •  

•  
    Freelance Writer
    Dale Carnegie · FreelanceNov 2020 - Present · 3 yrs 3 mos

• GutCheck - a Toluna Company logo
    Freelance Writer
    GutCheck · FreelanceJan 2022 - Present · 2 yrs 1 moRemote

• In my work with GutCheck, I am able to repurpose their podcast interviews into summary-style blogs to entice readers to listen to the full episode.
  • AptAmigo logo
    Freelance Blogger
    AptAmigo · FreelanceSep 2021 - Present · 2 yrs 5 mos

Education

Licenses & certifications

• Dale Carnegie North Texas logo
    Dale Carnegie High Impact Presentations
    Dale Carnegie North TexasIssued Apr 2019

• Dale Carnegie North Texas logo
    Dale Carnegie Course
    Dale Carnegie North Texas
[ 打印 ]