陇山陇西郡

宁静纯我心 感得事物人 写朴实清新. 闲书闲话养闲心,闲笔闲写记闲人;人生无虞懂珍惜,以沫相濡字字真。
个人资料
  • 博客访问:
文章分类
归档
正文

AI and ChatGPT: A Utopian or Dystopian Future?

(2023-03-23 18:20:36) 下一个

Education will have to change” - understatement of the interview.
154 replies
[DSAK55]

DSAK55

5 days ago
"You can't fix Stupid"
[Roger Bull]

Roger Bull

5 days ago
 @DSAK55  It's more complex than a one sentence response.
[Business Disruptors]

Business Disruptors

5 days ago
Not an understatement, rather most people just don't get what's really behind that statement
[Dark & Twisted]Dark & Twisted
5 days ago
Exactly! []
[Alvaro Peña]

Alvaro Peña

5 days ago
FACTS
[Bandito]

Bandito

5 days ago
Everybody talking about how software jobs will be eliminated but nobody is talking about how chatGPT in it's current state is out teaching teachers []
[Matt Matt]

Matt Matt

5 days ago
I don't think these companies know EXACTLY what they are doing,they are putting them selves out of business and they don't even know it,but at the same time, they may think, if we don't do this, our competitors will; My question is,IF AI/automation takes all the jobs and no ones making money and no one has any money, to buy products,after all the rich people die and their generational wealth has ran out,who's going to buy products/how are products going to be sold? Even automation TECHNICALLY cuts into your POTENTIAL profit,think about it,if the employees you hire,also buy your products, they also contribute to your over all profit,also other companies employees has a domino effect as well,when it comes to your profit,this isn't the EXACT percentage,its more just for a thinking exercise,you can either hire an actual employee and get 50% of that money back, that you invested in that employee or that someone else invested in their employee,or get automation/a Machine/AI/a robot to do it and loose SOME OR ALL of your potential profit, especially since this is talking about,if EVERYTHING was automated/no humans were needed, for production/technically the more thats automated, with in business,the less money you will make,obviously SOME things are fine,like privately owned autonomous cars,but from a business stand point TECHNICALLY autonomous vehicles COULD effect delivery drivers/over all profits,if implemented,with in businesses, just things to think about,also if you could send your vehicle to go pick up something and a robot/drone/arm,could put it in your vehicle,that would get even crazier. I've always thought this was going to happen,I thought we might have a little more time though and I honestly thought machines/robots were going to be built and be refined,before complete automation/AI,I didn't think software was going to be completely reliable/refined,before machines/robots we're. I don't know if rich people will let go/allow a moneyless/credit less society to evolve/form/at some point money becomes obsolete as well,unless we turn to desperation/war/go back to our old ways/we MAY NEED to be more self reliant/we may need to grow crops/have cows/chickens/pigs/horses and so on. What will we do, focus on our hobbies? It looks like hardware jobs are going to be more viable, longer than software jobs. This comment is just for something, for people to think about,I'm not saying any of this will happen or that it is happening,I'm just saying this is definitely something to think about. I definitely don't think the younger generation will enjoy tech,exactly like we did/this is the first time that I've had the thought that computers/automation/AI,isn't a great thing,yes a terminator scenario/sky net/I-Robot scenario COULD happen,but even if humans control all of this, this changes A LOT,good and bad,but it all depends on what we decide to do/our reaction to all of this,we don't want to be the reason for our own demise. I think we will be able to learn more effectively/efficiently;but for what purpose,if were competing with something that we can never win against,also if money becomes obsolete,what is the drive? This is also a dilemma, a few generations MAY have to go through, when it comes to gene splicing/altering as well;How does an organically born baby/human compete with a human that has been altered/refined/optimized? This is DEFINITELY A LOT to think about,hopefully we can all get through all of this and make the right decisions. These are just things to think about.

Antiquarian

5 days ago
GPT is a great tool for our minds, I have used it to help teach me difficult concepts in Engineering as a college student and I am surprised on how much faster I was able to learn and get through chapters in my textbook. Great technology with a huge potential for improvement.

Scott Hornet

4 days ago (edited)
Very insightful interview. It's clear that AI has the potential to reshape society in profound ways, both positive and negative. I explored this topic further in my latest video "AI & ChatGPT: A Utopian OR Dystopian Future?" where I break down 4 ways AI could benefit us and 4 potential adverse effects of AI on the future of our society. Let's continue the conversation!

Savage2Flinch

5 days ago
When he says: "The way we build these products is to be... an amplifier of humans." That right there is the salient point. The problem comes down to whether or not we can trust ourselves, not whether or not we can trust the technology. These things have the potential to amplify both negative and positive outcomes, and do this at unprecedented scale.

ZCaptain

4 days ago
ChatGPT 4 & Khan Academy creating tools to tutor students and empower teachers is what I’m excited for. I’m not a teacher but I know America’s education system is struggling and if teachers can leverage a tool like this to help structure and enhance their curriculum then this is a win for students. I’m glad OpenAI even created a tool to gauge if an essay was written by ChatGPT so teachers can find out.
“The real problem of humanity is the following: We have Paleolithic emotions, medieval institutions and godlike technology. And it is terrifically dangerous, and it is now approaching a point of crisis overall”. Edward O. Wilson (2009)
[Sparky's Malarkey]

Sparky's Malarkey

5 days ago
I remember a video game called Destiny . . . the "Guardians" had "Ghosts" that were AI drones that followed the character. AI had analyzed every aspect of reality, down to the tiniest details. It could "transmat" or build from blueprint anything into reality, even your body and mind. Anyways, that fictional reality seems more and more like a potential future reality for humanity.
8 replies
[Amanda]

Amanda

1 day ago
He’s being honest. The tech is here. There’s no way to stop it, only to slow it down and adapt it the best way possible.
[Sergius]

Sergius

5 days ago
I‘m skeptical and I think everyone should be. Completely ignoring the downsides for whatever good AI brings is quite moronic. However we should also realise the immense possibilities this technology could bring about. The one thing I‘m most worried about (and this is perhaps more of an ideological standpoint) is the devaluing of human creativity and intellect. Yes, I know the CEO said, that it will merely act as an amplifier for human will and not replace it, but who‘s gonna say it isn‘t? I‘ve already seen it happen in my school, it doesn‘t „inspire“, it instills a sense of laziness and complete dependability on the machine. For me the whole fun in intellectual discourse and reasoning is the human aspect of it all. Having a cold and lifeless machine reason is as interesting as a tuna sandwich… Anyways, what do you think about all of this?

Sure, I can help you with that!

AI and ChatGPT: A Utopian or Dystopian Future?

Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the way we live and work, but its impact on society is still a matter of debate. While some believe that AI could bring us closer to a utopian future, others fear that it could lead us down a dystopian path. Let's examine both perspectives by exploring four potential benefits and four potential adverse effects of AI on society.

Potential Benefits of AI:

Improved Healthcare: AI has the potential to revolutionize the healthcare industry by improving diagnostics, treatment, and patient care. Machine learning algorithms can help doctors make more accurate diagnoses and provide personalized treatment plans based on a patient's genetic makeup and medical history. AI-powered chatbots can also help patients receive quick and accurate medical advice without having to visit a doctor's office.

Enhanced Education: AI can also benefit education by providing personalized learning experiences to students. AI-powered educational software can adapt to a student's learning style and pace, providing targeted feedback and resources to help them achieve their academic goals. AI can also automate administrative tasks, freeing up teachers to focus on more meaningful interactions with their students.

Increased Efficiency: AI can help organizations automate routine tasks, reducing the risk of errors and freeing up time for employees to focus on more important work. For example, AI-powered chatbots can help customer service teams handle inquiries more efficiently, while machine learning algorithms can help businesses optimize their supply chain and logistics operations.

Improved Safety: AI can also enhance public safety by detecting and preventing crime before it happens. Machine learning algorithms can analyze vast amounts of data to identify patterns and predict criminal activity. This can help law enforcement agencies allocate resources more effectively and prevent crime from occurring in the first place.

Potential Adverse Effects of AI:

Job Losses: AI has the potential to automate many jobs, leading to job losses and economic disruption. This could exacerbate income inequality and lead to social unrest. It is crucial for policymakers and businesses to develop strategies for reskilling and upskilling workers whose jobs are at risk of automation.

Bias and Discrimination: AI systems are only as good as the data they are trained on, and if that data is biased or discriminatory, the AI system will also be biased and discriminatory. This could perpetuate existing social inequalities and lead to discrimination against certain groups of people.

Loss of Privacy: AI systems are capable of collecting vast amounts of data about individuals, raising concerns about privacy and surveillance. If this data falls into the wrong hands, it could be used to manipulate individuals or infringe upon their civil liberties.

Autonomous Weapons: The development of autonomous weapons powered by AI is a growing concern. These weapons could make decisions without human oversight, leading to unintended consequences and potentially disastrous outcomes.

In conclusion, AI has the potential to bring significant benefits to society, but it also poses some significant risks. It is up to policymakers, businesses, and individuals to ensure that AI is developed and used responsibly to create a future that is both utopian and free of dystopian consequences.

Here are the definitions of Utopian and Dystopian:

Utopian: A utopia is an imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect. In a utopian society, people live in a state of harmony, free from social, political, or economic strife. Utopias are often used as a model for a better society or as a critique of current society.

Dystopian: A dystopia is the opposite of a utopia, an imagined society or state in which things are terrible or undesirable. In a dystopian society, individuals face oppression, deprivation, or other negative societal conditions. Dystopias are often used as a warning against the dangers of certain societal trends or as a critique of current society.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.