宁静纯我心 感得事物人 写朴实清新. 闲书闲话养闲心,闲笔闲写记闲人;人生无虞懂珍惜,以沫相濡字字真。
个人资料
  • 博客访问:
文章分类
归档
正文

\'revitalise economy\' - homework?

(2016-05-16 10:33:51) 下一个

Only God knows - nobody can fortell. remember the good old days when Bill Cliton's at the White House - people I knew got several offers in the pocket - you could choose the best. I don't care if it's Bill's credit or not, but he brought good news to the public. Can he do it again? Only God can enable that? Somehow, Clintons did their homework - specific plans, unlike amature, nothing specific, only superficial talking - "Trust me! I'll do you good when I'm at WH!" - what bxxx sxxx! I don't want another amature to run this country - America can't affort to let another amature to do homework on job. No way!

~~~

Hillary Clinton: Husband Bill can 'revitalise economy'

Media captionWill Bill Clinton be a force for good or bad on Hillary's campaign trail?

The Democratic frontrunner in the race for the White House, Hillary Clinton, says she will enlist her husband Bill to revitalise the economy.

She has previously hinted that the former president would "have to come out of retirement" if she won.

Outlining her plans at a campaign rally in southern state of Kentucky, she pointed out the economic success of Bill Clinton's presidency.

Kentucky will vote in a Democratic primary on Tuesday, along with Oregon.

Campaigning at a rally ahead of the primary, Ms Clinton made her case why she thought he could help.

"My husband I'm going to put in charge of revitalising the economy because, you know, he knows how to do it," she told the crowd.

"And especially in places like coal country and inner cities and other parts of our country that have really been left out."

She also emphasised her commitment to supporting workers in the coal industry, after comments she made in another coal state, West Virginia, went down very badly.

Hinting at bad times ahead for the coal mines alienated many workers in that state and cost her votes in the West Virginia primary.

But on Sunday she said "We can't and we must not walk away from them. I feel such a sense of obligation."

Clinton v Sanders in policies

What will Clinton v Trump look like?

Bill Clinton's economic legacy

Profile of Bill Clinton

Hillary Clinton hopes to earn a convincing victory over her Democratic rival Bernie Sanders on Tuesday, having lost West Virginia to Mr Sanders last week.

She has a significant lead over Mr Sanders of nearly 300 pledged delegates but would like a decisive win in order to enable her to focus on beating her Republican rival, Donald Trump.

Mrs Clinton had expressed her views on her husband's economic prowess earlier this month.

"He's got more ideas a minute than anybody I know," she said.

Mr Clinton presided over the longest economic boom in US history, with growth averaging 4% a year and a budget surplus when he left office in 2000.

Key primaries to come

• 17 May - Oregon, Kentucky (Democratic only)
  • 24 May - Washington state (Republican only)
  • 7 June - New Jersey, California, Montana, New Mexico, South Dakota