Bobby Jindal and Donald Trump (AP)

Bobby Jindal and Donald Trump (AP)

Maybe Donald Trump and Bobby Jindal can be (almost) friends now that the Louisiana governor has decided to exit the GOP presidential race.

“He was a little nasty with me but I think ultimately was very nice and he tried. He tried very hard,” Trump said about Jindal on Fox & Friends Wednesday. “I think he’s a nice guy. I think he’s a good man.”

Kind words given how Jindal went after the billionaire businessman during the campaign, most notably in a Sept. 10 speech at the National Press Club in Washington that most pundits viewed as a strategy to boost his profile.

In the speech, Jindal called Trump “shallow,” “a narcissist,” and “an egomaniac (who) lacks the intellectual curiosity to even learn.”

Jindal went on: “Now we are flirting with nominating a non-serious, unstable, substance-free candidate. The silly summer season is over. It’s time to get serious about saving our country. It’s time to send Donald Trump back to reality TV.”

After the speech, Trump coldly tweeted that he barely even knew who Jindal was.

Jindal bowed out Tuesday, saying it was “not my time.” The two-term governor was stuck in the low single digits in most polls, never making it to the prime-time stage of any of the Republican presidential debates.