正文

Peng Peng & Conrade Tao

(2011-09-13 05:14:43) 下一个
本周一, 本地的Public Channel播放了Julliard School的百年庆祝晚会,数位Julliard School毕业的著名艺术家上台献艺. 而晚会的压轴戏却是由13岁的华裔少年Peng Peng和Julliard School的交响乐团一起演奏的钢琴协奏曲, 成为晚会的高潮.

碰巧, 两周前在NPR的From the Top节目中听到Peng Peng和好朋友10岁的Conrad Tao一起演奏由Conrad创作的双人钢琴曲, 曲子写得气势磅礴, 两人的演奏也是扣人心弦. 两人随后的采访也是十分有趣. 我把NPR对他们的介绍也放在这里供有兴趣的家长闲时一读.

Radio & Television: Young Performers: Conrad Tao and Peng-Peng Gong

Appeared On Shows: hl-9,107
Instruments: Composition,Piano
Home State: NY
Ages: 10-12
"It's time for a new kind of classical music," proclaims 10-year-old composer Conrad Tao. "I think young composers should strive to create something new for the 21st century." To this end, when he composes, Conrad works to find his own unique voice. He finds inspiration in contemporary composers who are outside the realm of traditional classical music. "I admit I used to mimic 'old style people' like Mozart, but it isn't 1700 anymore," he says. "We have computers now; we have cell phones; it's time for some new music!"

Conrad has been composing since the age of five, but he started plunking out songs on the piano before he'd even turned two! He writes music using Sibelius music notation software and has written several chamber works. He especially loves performing those works with friends. "Playing music with your friends is the best part of being a musician," he says.

One of Conrad's closest friends is 12-year-old Peng-Peng Gong, also a pianist and composer. The two go to school together in New York and study music at the Juilliard Pre-College Division. Conrad loves playing music with Peng-Peng because he is "such a good faker." "That's definitely a compliment!" assures Conrad. "Peng-Peng is such an amazing sight reader. You can put any music in front of him, a part only a 17-year-old could reach, for example, and he'll find a way around it so it will sound right." Conrad admits he often writes music that is technically impossible for someone with smaller hands to be able to play correctly. "Sometimes I write pieces that I can't even play," he says.

On From the Top's radio show, Conrad and Peng-Peng stunned the audience with a fabulous two piano piece written by Conrad. Conrad is also an honoree of From the Top's Young Composer Project and will be working with professional composer Libby Larsen.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.