个人资料
文章分类
归档
正文

Stories of Super Investors

(2009-08-28 19:40:26) 下一个
I am thinking of sharing in-depth stories of super investors that I am aware of. The intent is to learn from them and hopefully find one in his or her making.

Theory of successful investment is rather simple. Investment return = Amount of Capital x Rate of Return.

If one has large amount of capital, one can get rich with a small rate of return. If one has small amount of capital, one has to seek large rate of return.

Unfortunately, rate of return is NORMALLY proportional to rate of risk. A higher rate of return often means higher risk. Therefore, one may be able to invest small amount of capital on a risky bet or a large amount of capital on safe bet (like Treasury). Investment return in either case tends to be small.

In the stories of super investors, one can see how they solve this equation and achieve great and sustainable results. As one of the living greatest investors says, investing is simple but by no means easy.

I will start the history of Fairfax since 1985. This is a Canadian company and all its history is public. Its book value has increased from $3.00 per share to $321 per share now, with a lot twists along the way.

Let me know if this line of topics interest you or not. Stock information is not the main focus. How to value and identify good business and management are.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.