上善若水 厚德载物
个人资料
正文

悲惨世界 ZT

(2012-12-17 07:50:40) 下一个
《悲惨世界》(法语:Les Misérables,原意为“悲惨的人们”,“可怜的人们”),是法国作家維克多·雨果(Victor-Marie Hugo)于1862年所发表的一部长篇小说。是19世纪最著名的小说之一。小说描绘了19世纪初20年间几个法国人物的生活,涵盖了拿破仑战争和之后的十几年的时间。故事的主线围绕主人公获释罪犯尚萬強(Jean Valjean)试图赎罪的历程。小说同样试图检视他的赎罪行为在当时的社会环境下的所造成的影响。这部宏大的小说,融进了法国的历史,以及巴黎的建筑、政治、道德哲学、法律、正义、宗教信仰,检视了善、恶和法律的本质,同样还有爱情与亲情的种类和本质。雨果的创作灵感来源于一个真实的罪犯和警察「François Eugène Vidocq」,他把这个真实人物的性格分成了故事中的两个人物。悲惨的世界通过它不计其数的舞台和荧幕的改编作品被世人所了解。最著名的改编作品是同名音乐剧。++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++801年,一个名叫尚萬強(Jean Valjean)的穷苦农民,因饥饿偷了一块面包而判19年苦役,刑满释放后,持黄色身份证(意指:帶有前科、案底的假釋證明)讨生活又处处碰壁。到1828年,雨果又开始搜集有关米里艾主教及其家庭的资料,酝酿写一个释放的苦役犯受圣徒式的主教感化而弃恶从善的故事。在1829年和1830年间,他还大量搜集有关黑玻璃制造业的材料,这便是到蒙特羅,化名为马德廉先生,从苦役犯变成企业家,开办工厂并发迹的由来。此外,他还参观了布雷斯特和的特龍苦役犯监狱,在街头目睹了类似芳汀受辱的场面。又据说,雨果年轻时有一次在路上看到两个士兵挾持着一个因偷面包而被判死刑的男子,当时有一位贵夫人坐着漆有家徽的马车经过,囚犯注目贵夫人,但贵夫人对囚犯却视而不见。他认为此事表明当时法国平民承认贵族,贵族却无视平民的存在,从此使他萌发写《悲惨世界》的念头。《悲惨世界》的主题是写人类与邪恶之間不懈的斗争,人类本性是纯洁善良的,将一同走向幸福,但要经过苦难的历程。书中穿插当时法国革命动乱的背景和拿破仑滑铁卢战役的描写,以及当时法国社会的很多细节都有论及,比如俚语,下水道和女修道院等情况,雨果在书中都分有独立章节描写。故事情节错综复杂,设计巧妙,跌宕起伏。雨果力图表现严刑峻法只能使人更加邪恶,应根据人道主义精神用道德感化的方法处理,他借主人公之口说道“最高的法律是良心”。他写道:“将来人们会把犯罪看作一种疾病,由一批特殊的医生来医治这种病。医院将取代监狱。”为了这部书,雨果前后构思了40年,到晚年才完成。他自称这是“一部宗教作品”。+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++主要人物尚萬強(Jean Valjean)(化名:马德兰先生、割风伯伯、白先生、玉尔邦·法白尔):因為偷一條麵包救濟外甥而坐牢十九年的囚犯,原本只判五年徒刑,但由於他並不信任法律,屢屢越獄以致罪刑加重19年后获得假释。他倔強不懼強權的個性使探長賈維爾對他深惡痛絕,他過人的氣力也使賈維爾對他印象深刻,兩人遂結下一生相互追逐之緣。虽然遭受社会歧视,但米里哀主教拯救了他。他通过努力,寻求诚实的生活,成为工厂主和市长;收养了芳汀的女儿珂赛特,营救马吕斯出街垒,年老而终。賈維爾(Javert):警察巡官,一次次追捕跟踪尚萬強,但都被甩掉。便衣潜入街垒却被识破。尚萬強本可杀死賈維爾,但却放走了他。后来,賈維爾也让尚萬強逃走。此时,賈維爾意识到法律程序并不道德。内心的冲突使他無所適從,最後在自己的警察手冊上紀錄下尚萬強的種種事跡後投河自尽。米里哀主教(Bishop Myriel):迪涅地区主教。一位慈祥的老教士,因邂逅拿破仑而晋升主教。尚万強窃走教堂银器时,他说服尚萬強弃恶从善并为其开脱罪责。芳汀(Fantine):巴黎女工,懷孕後遭情人拋棄。芳汀將私生女寄養在德納第家中,孤身前往马德兰的工廠做工,後因身世敗露而被解雇。為了支付女兒的寄養費用,出賣了頭髮、牙齒以及自己的肉體。马德兰市長瞭解到她是因為不堪受辱而被捕入獄。在與女兒重逢前夕,因病故去。珂賽特(Cosette):芳汀的私生女。幼年寄人籬下,後由尚萬強收養。與马吕斯相愛並成婚。德纳第夫婦(M. & Mme. Thénardier):落魄的酒店老闆。他們共有5個子女(2女:爱潘妮、阿兹玛;3子:加夫洛許及其兩個弟弟)。他們曾經收養珂賽特,但卻百般虐待。破產後移居巴黎,化名“容德雷特”。勾結犯罪團夥。德納第家曾是馬呂斯的鄰居,並曾“照顧過”马吕斯的父親。小說結尾時,德纳第大娘死于獄中,而德納第與二女兒阿兹玛移民美洲,成為奴隸販子。马吕斯•彭眉胥(Marius Pontmercy):男爵二世(因爵位由拿破崙授與而不被當時政府承認),與保皇派的外祖父決裂,攻讀法律,並加入“ABC之友”革命組織,與珂賽特相愛。安灼拉(Enjolras):1832年巴黎起義時“ABC之友”組織的領袖。天使般的俊美,全心投入民主、平等與正義的鬥爭中,致力建立共和國並解放窮苦人。街壘失陷後犧牲。爱潘妮(éponine):德納第的長女。幼年受寵,成年流落街頭。協助其父詐騙 錢財。暗戀马吕斯。幫助並帶領马吕斯找到珂賽特,阻止其父帶人搶劫珂賽特新居。假扮男孩,哄騙马吕斯進入街壘,並想一起殉情。但卻擋住士兵射向馬呂斯的子彈,臨死時要求馬呂斯親吻自己的額頭。马吕斯出於對其苦難生活的同情,了卻了她的遺願。加夫洛許(Gavroche):德納第的長子。流落街頭,成為野孩。參加街壘戰爭,在為起義者收集子彈時被殺。++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++光绪二十九年(1903年),蘇曼殊翻譯了雨果的《悲慘世界》,題名《慘社會》,1903年10月8日連載于《國民日日報》,署名“法國大文豪囂俄(雨果)著,中國蘇子谷譯。”,至12月1日,因报馆被封停刊,前後11回。次年改由镜今书局出版單行本時增加至14回,署名“蘇子谷、陳由己(陳獨秀)同譯”。此書未忠於原著,自第7回起,更杜撰情节,篡改處極多,文中竟然出現孔子和小脚,表现出对清朝政府强烈痛恨。陈独秀续译12至14回。李丹、方于夫婦從1958年至1984年翻譯《悲慘世界》五卷,這是中國第一套《悲慘世界》全譯本,由人民文學出版社出版(第一卷,1958年;第二卷,1959年;第三、四卷,1980年;第五卷,1984年)。I dream a dream... 1。COSSEETE Castle on a Cloud Young Cosette is working as a drudge in the Th閚ardier's inn at Montfermeil. Young Cosette There is a castle on a cloud, I like to go there in my sleep, Aren't any floors for me to sweep, Not in my castle on a cloud. There is a room that's full of toys, There are a hundred boys and girls, Nobody shouts or talks too loud, Not in my castle on a cloud. There is a lady all in white, Holds me and sings a lullaby, She's nice to see and she's soft to touch, She says "Cosette, I love you very much." I know a place where no one's lost, I know a place where no one cries, Crying at all is not allowed, Not in my castle on a cloud. 2 MADAM Mme. Th閚ardier: Now look who's here The little madam herself! Pretending once again she's been `so awfully good,' Better not let me catch you slacking Better not catch my eye! Ten rotten francs your mother sends me What is that going to buy? Now take that pail My little `Mademoiselle' And go and draw some water from the well! We should never have taken you in the first place How stupid the things that we do! Like mother like daughter, the scum of the street. Eponine, come my dear, Eponine, let me see you You look very well in that new little blue hat There's some little girls who know how to behave And they know what to wear And I'm saying thank heaven for that. Still there Cosette? Your tears will do you no good! I told you fetch some water from the well in the wood! Young Cosette Please do not send me out alone Not in the darkness on my own! Mme. Th閚ardier: Enough of that, or I'll forget to be nice! You heard me ask for something, And I never ask twice! 3 Master of the House Th閚ardier: My band of soaks My den of dissolutes My dirty jokes, my always pissed as newts. My sons of whores Spent their lives in my inn Homing pigeons homing in They fly through my doors And their money's as good as yours Diner 2: Ain't got a clue What he put in this stew Must have scraped it off the street Diner 1: God what a wine! Chateau Neuf de Turpentine Must have pressed it with his feet Drinkers Landlord over here! Where's the bloody man? One more for the road! Th閚ardier, one more slug o' gin. Girl: Just one more, or my old man is gonna do me in. Th閚ardier greets a new customer. Th閚ardier: Welcome, M'sieur Sit yourself down And meet the best Innkeeper in town As for the rest, All of 'em crooks Rooking their guests And cooking the books. Seldom do you see Honest men like me A gent of good intent Who's content to be Master of the house Doling out the charm Ready with a handshake And an open palm Tells a saucy tale Makes a little stir Customers appreciate a bon-viveur Glad to do a friend a favor Doesn't cost me to be nice But nothing gets you nothing Everything has got a little price! Master of the house Keeper of the zoo Ready to relieve 'em Of a sou or two Watering the wine Making up the weight Pickin' up their knick-knacks When they can't see straight Everybody loves a landlord Everybody's bosom friend I do whatever pleases Jesus! Won't I bleed 'em in the end! Th閚ardier & Drinkers: Master of the house Quick to catch yer eye Never wants a passerby To pass him by Servant to the poor Butler to the great Comforter, philosopher, And lifelong mate! Everybody's boon companion Everybody's chaperone Th閚ardier: But lock up your valises Jesus! Won't I skin you to the bone! To another new customer Enter M'sieur Lay down your load Unlace your boots And rest from the road Taking his bag This weighs a ton Travel's a curse But here we strive To lighten your purse Here the goose is cooked Here the fat is fried And nothing's overlooked Till I'm satisfied... Food beyond compare Food beyond belief Mix it in a mincer And pretend it's beef Kidney of a horse Liver of a cat Filling up the sausages With this and that Residents are more than welcome Bridal suite is occupied Reasonable charges Plus some little extras on the side! Charge 'em for the lice Extra for the mice Two percent for looking in the mirror twice Here a little slice There a little cut Three percent for sleeping with the window shut When it comes to fixing prices There are a lot of tricks he knows How it all increases All those bits and pieces Jesus! It's amazing how it grows! Th閚ardier & Chorus: Master of the house Quick to catch yer eye Never wants a passerby To pass him by Servant to the poor Butler to the great Comforter, philosopher, And lifelong mate! Everybody's boon companion Gives 'em everything he's got Th閚ardier: Dirty bunch of geezers Jesus! What a sorry little lot! Mme. Th閚ardier: I used to dream That I would meet a prince But God Almighty, Have you seen what's happened since? `Master of the house?' Isn't worth me spit! `Comforter, philosopher' - and lifelong shit! Cunning little brain Regular Voltaire Thinks he's quite a lover But there's not much there What a cruel trick of nature Landed me with such a louse God knows how I've lasted Living with this bastard in the house! Th閚ardier & Drinkers: Master of the house! Mme. Th閚ardier: Master and a half! Th閚ardier & Drinkers: Comforter, philosopher Mme. Th閚ardier: Ah, don't make me laugh! Th閚ardier & Drinkers: Servant to the poor. Butler to the great. Mme. Th閚ardier: Hypocrite and toady and inebriate! Th閚ardier & Drinkers: Everybody bless the landlord! Everybody bless his spouse! Th閚ardier: Everybody raise a glass Mme. Th閚ardier: Raise it up the master's arse. All: Everybody raise a glass to the master of the house!
[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.