正文

读兔总美国朋友新年短信有感

(2008-01-12 18:25:08) 下一个

兔总曾经说过,衣食足而知荣辱(or is it a famous 法国外交官who said that? can't remember, but someone said that anyway, otherwise you won't be reading it).

今天,天气晴朗,我吃完了早饭中饭晚饭之后,擦了擦嘴,摸着圆圆的肚子,穿上厚厚的羽绒服,谈谈我对兔总的美国的朋友的新年的短信的有感:

首先,自我检讨一下,那封信我昨天只读了前两行半,以为兔总要让我们学习的是人美国朋友吃饱喝足了行万里路读万卷书而识礼仪而知荣辱,而咱们国人大老爷们儿成天在网上指点江山,激扬粪土,整个一白活了, so my arguments with 兔总 yesterday was entirely based on the premises established by the first 2 and half lines of the letter.

今天看了B总和兔总的争论才知道原来there's more to it. 读完了第二段,发现原来兔总的朋友游山玩水回来,吃饱喝足了之后擦擦嘴还要不忘挽狂澜于已倒,kick 伟大的美利坚's fat ass back into 自由民主繁荣富强的道路,Me 对 He 的景仰顿时如滔滔太湖水, 哦叶!当然咯,兔总的朋友嘛,这一点见识,这一枪(or you meant一泡?:-)热血总还是应该有的。不过我觉得,其实我们国人大老爷们儿在网上指点粪土,不也是为的这个嘛,方式略有不同而已, 那话怎么说来着?书生报国没家伙,唯有手中笔如枪?what else can we do? 免冠徒跣,以头抢地?no no no,此庸夫所为,非士之所为也(用英语说就是,no, no, no, that's for suckers, dude). 不是说温总理也经常上网吗?咱们的经国济世之策要万一不小心让他老人家看见了那岂不是万民之幸,苍生之福吗?当然咯,咱们对美国朋友的一泡热血,sorry,I meant 一枪热血也不能泼冷水呀. BTW, 美国朋友用了很多我不认识的词(人都说了快30年英语了嘛), 但“whose”和“who's”的用法他好像没搞清楚.当然喽,是人哪有不犯错误的?年轻人犯错误,佛祖都会原谅的,and yes, 30 is still very young。

过了一会儿等我有读到了第三段,才搞明白了,原来He在吃饱喝足了给兔总拜年,立誓言表忠心并展示及宏伟计划的同时,给兔总送来了一封from certain special interest group 的petition email(of course, where do you expect a petition email to come from anyway?), 而且很有可能的是,还让兔总把这封email转给兔总所有认识的人,和动物,including, but not limited to 其他的兔子,乌龟,大象,猴子,长颈鹿,甚至大灰狼!! 哦叶!当然咯,咱们对美国朋友的一泡热血,sorry,I meant 一枪热血也不能泼冷水呀. 我以前也受到过这样的email,是Continental Airline的,要我们签名支持开通从纽瓦克到上海的直飞航线,这其实没什么不对的,只要能赚钱,哪家航空公司不愿意为人民服务?

附兔总原文如下:

我们在这里胡说八道的时候, 看看人家老美在做什么  Local Access打往中国电话卡1.3¢/分种

来源: 傻瓜兔 于 08-01-11 17:54:48 [档案] [博客] [旧帖] [转至博客] [给我悄悄话]  

这是我收到的一个好朋友的新年短信, 他是一个小有名气的摄影师, 30岁, 收入不俗, 但是他只租房, 大把钱花在旅行, 见世面上. 看看人家的新年计划, 多么一枪热血.

看上去很傻是吧? 这是一个典型的美国中产阶级的代表, 单纯, 理想化. 可美国就是因为有这些人的支撑, 得以维持一个健康纯净的精神状态. 再瞧瞧我们中的某些人, 就知道房子车子打着回国可以泡几个小密的小算盘, 居然有崇拜张斌的, 多没爱国心.

个别人要好好清理一下灵魂深处的污点, 我说谁呢都知道吧?

"Happy New Year!

Wow, I'm just getting back from a truly eye-opening trip to NW Africa, in which I traveled the countries of Morocco, Mauritania, and Senegal, along the way encountering overwhelmingly rich culture and heritage in a land that has very little. All the beauty and potential thriving in lands who's governments are making slow progress entering the modern age, and with daunting hurdles of poverty, illiteracy, and scant resource, made me realize the blessings we enjoy daily. I highly recommend a visit to experience this first hand if you ever have the chance.
The trip cemented, all the more, one of my resolutions this year, to become more active in the political realms here at home.

Our country has been on a runaway course hurtling towards an economic and a social precipice for the past few years. And of all the varied factions accelerating us towards ruin, I believe that we have a few root causes to rectify before any reverse of direction can be made. We have an opportunity today to learn about, and begin to correct, one of these key issues and lead our representatives and our countryback towards a sustainable track.

Please take a moment to read the forwarded email below and you may be surprised that the cornerstone of our democracy is being chiseled away. Free and fair elections fundamentally support our democracy and without complete faith and transparency in the process and the results, the framework of our nation stands poised to crumble around us. This is not a partisan issue; it's a patriotic one, and the time to act is now. If changes are to be made in time for the presidential elections, the process must begin straight away! Please sign the petition below, and then take the next steps... You'll find links towards the bottom of the email to read further and analyze your findings; decide for yourself if you think corporations should hold the secret key to our ballots and how they're counted. Then please spread the word further, and vote by vote, call by call, brick by brick, we can rebuild this democracy from the ground up!

All the best for you and yours in 08!!!
......"

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (0)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.