宝宝趣事

this blog is meant for my little precious
个人资料
正文

\'cross referencing\'

(2008-01-10 22:39:29) 下一个
cc has quite a number of books, i also borrow some from the library. after so many months of eating and reading of books, she could recognise about 100 different things. (just an estimated figure)

now when she reads any new books, she starts to look for objects she already familiar. many children books' authors like to use the common charactors like crocodile, frog, bunny, etc in their books. when cc sees any of them, she would go to her book box and look for books that talk about them. and i always say she is doing "cross referencing" and i guess that helps her to learn better and faster.

so, when i have a new book, i would gather any old books that could be used for "references". with few books open at the same time, cc could read the new book faster and that is kind of exciting to her.

i just borrowed the book "the very busy day" from the library. i tried to read and tell the story but cc is too young for that. she simply turn the page when i start to read the book. cc likes to look for ladybug on each page. in order to make her busier, i ask her to point out other objects too, like dinosaur, cup, diasy, wheelbarrow, etc. while she is busy to do the pointing, i teach her new objects, although after 3 seconds, she goes back to ladybug again. i guess the author like ladybug too, because almost every page has at least one ladybug.

[ 打印 ]
阅读 ()评论 (25)
评论
目前还没有任何评论
登录后才可评论.